Celebrity "Reflection" is Aqua class worth it?

Cattitude

We are going to book a cruise on the Celebrity Reflection and are trying to decide between a balcony or upgrade to balcony "Aqua" class. I am in a wc or scooter and I don't know if the extra cost to upgrade to this class is worth it. You get a private dining room Blu and express boarding and disembarking with other amenities. Has anyone in a WC experienced the Aqua class and is it worth upgrading to?

Thanks,

Calypso

I recently cruised with my stepdaughter, who has MS and uses a wheelchair. (She rented a power scooter for the cruise.)

We were in Aqua Class on Celebrity Reflection, (Room 1524, to be exact) and it was a wonderful room - extremely roomy, the door opened automatically when the room key was inserted (and there was a push-button opening from inside the room), the balcony was ramped for accessibility, the bathroom was large enough for her to use her power scooter ... I could go on and on.

This was her second cruise (my first) and her second time booking Aqua Class. And we would definitely do it again.

I do have a travel blog and I've written about our experience on the cruise ship.

I hope this info is helpful.

Thank you for sharing the blog info, Marlee and Rich. (I'm brand new to this forum, so I wouldn't have known where to look. You've educated me!)

Calypso, the post that includes photos of the room is called "It's All About MEE" dated February 10, 2014. I hope it's helpful, and I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Where are you headed, by the way?

Jeri

We have also used an accessible AQ cabin when I was still in a wheelchair. Ours was on Equinox and it was very comfortable. I think I also had a scooter rental but did not use it going to Blu. My husband pushed my wheelchair there instead.

Enjoy your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I LOVE Aqua class. I loved the special feeling it gave me . But... My DH and a friend who cruises (own cabin) didn't care for it, so I get outnumbered :( I really liked the Blu menu especially the table side prepared muesli in the morning, YUM ! I also could have laid on the heat tile beds overlooking the water all day. I think if you are even thinking about it you should give it a try.

I was in AQ accessible cabin 1538 on Equinox and while I LOVED the suite, the menu at Blu just isn't my cup o tea. And, on some of the ships, the tables in Blu are so close together that its tough getting a wheelchair or scooter to a table. As a matter of fact, the whole business of every table being only inches from one another was a big negative for me. I just don't like being squished in and hearing every conversation at three tables in each direction.