What's a good price for a balcony?

We've gotten many balconies with no onboard credit at all.

Who really cares about that, it should not be a factor in picking your cruise. :confused:

A good price is the price you are willing to pay.

We usually find the best price right on the cruise line website.

Just be careful booking with an online TA or any other TA for that matter. Some of them will pull the promo OBC or charge a fee to submit price drops, if you book ES.

Carnival won't even talk to you about your booking, you have to do everything through the travel agent.

As for a "good price", if you get a price that you think is decent, in my mind, that's a good price. You can always book ES if you're ok with the restrictions, and watch for price drops as well.

I've also gotten a balcony with no OBC. The price is what you think you want to pay or can afford. I have booked an IS room, watched prices drop, and then upgrade to a balcony at the last minute. Other times I have gone ahead and just paid $800-$1100 for the exact location, cabin, deck, etc. that I wanted. If a few of us are traveling together, like our upcoming cruise, I won't push the upper limits of what I want to spend due to not being in the room, and being able to enjoy it as much.

My daughter and her fiance want to take an 8 day on the Liberty April 25, 2015. An internet company is offering $50 OBC, but that doesn't seem like much for a balcony. What have others paid?

Your statement about OBC and cost is a little confusing to me, I don't know if you are saying that you should be offered more On Board Credit or if you think OBC is part of the price.

The price of a balcony is really good at anything around $100 per day plus taxes, tips, and fees. I try to book 7 day cruses with a balcony between $700-$800 per person and jump any anything below $700.

I have a good PVP at Carnival and $50 On Board Credit (OBC) would not be enough to make me want to use a TA, especially an internet TA. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with using a TA, just that I haven't had the best experiences with a couple. (like one that didn't bother to forward the information that my flight was cancelled and I needed to rebook another one)

$50.00 would not be enough for me to use a TA. I want control of my booking and with any TA they own your booking and all changes have to be made through them. As Previously stated Carnival will not talk for You about your booking. I book direct through carnival.

As far as price, it really depends on stops, Eastern is usually more than Western. We are doing a 7 day Eastern in Jan 2015 for 759/ pp (Before taxes and tips). Where ever they go and however they book hope they have a great time.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app