April Eclipse TA

maggie.1008

We just returned from a 5 star cruise on the eclipse. WE have 40 cruise, 20 on X. We are Elite +. We had vouchers on this trip and enjoyed the flexibility.

Our CC meeting was well attended and many officers, cruise director Sue and the Captain were all there to mingle.

We were in a aft facing Sky Suite and loved it. Have booked the same cabin for our next cruise. Our Butler Manuel was one of the best ever. We did not use our coffee perks with elite + as he brought them to us each morn. We also did not use all the laundry or internet minutes allowed.

There were no Zeniths on our cruise and Michaels club seemed empty most of the time. We had friends in a RS and they did not go in as not enough company for drinks.

We ate in Blu and the Specialty Restaurants. The only night we ate in the MDR was the last formal night. Captain`s table hosted by hotel director Darren Tiller. Lovely man.

We did not do any onboard activities so no comment there. I would say the only weak spot was entertainment. We did go to the 2 formal night shows and that they were just o.k ..Service onboard was as good as any of the luxury lines we have been with. One of our best cruises ever. Don`t believe all of the negative comments. X is still a perfect fit for us.

We just returned from a 5 star cruise on the eclipse. WE have 40 cruise, 20 on X. We are Elite +. We had vouchers on this trip and enjoyed the flexibility.

Our CC meeting was well attended and many officers, cruise director Sue and the Captain were all there to mingle.

We were in a aft facing Sky Suite and loved it. Have booked the same cabin for our next cruise. Our Butler Manuel was one of the best ever. We did not use our coffee perks with elite + as he brought them to us each morn. We also did not use all the laundry or internet minutes allowed.

There were no Zeniths on our cruise and Michaels club seemed empty most of the time. We had friends in a RS and they did not go in as not enough company for drinks.

We ate in Blu and the Specialty Restaurants. The only night we ate in the MDR was the last formal night. Captain`s table hosted by hotel director Darren Tiller. Lovely man.

We did not do any onboard activities so no comment there. I would say the only weak spot was entertainment. We did go to the 2 formal night shows and that they were just o.k ..Service onboard was as good as any of the luxury lines we have been with. One of our best cruises ever. Don`t believe all of the negative comments. X is still a perfect fit for us.

Hello! We must have dined together that night! I was at the far end of the table with our group leader Bruce and a nice woman in a motor scooter and her family. I'm soooo terrible remembering names....!

Also, Michaels, I found fairly empty thru the day except for pre dinner drink time when the people congregated back around the corner where the seating group and bar were, and most would see it as empty looking in. Met several nice folks there. One evening all 3 seating areas in that area were full, and 3 seats at the bar were taken.

It was my 2nd TA having done the same last year, and again, I loved the lazy days at sea and hope to do another next year, or maybe this fall if time allows!

Edited by cle-guy

The cruise was fine except for Blu, which was disappointing. Funny, but I try to avoid (usually unsuccessfully) the entertainment on any ship, but I found two of the performers to be outstanding: the Chinese magician and the English singer. All in all, a good cruise and we'll be on another TA in November.

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for sharing your insights with us. We also had a very nice time on Eclipse, on the sailing before her TA. We had the same experience with Michaels, in that no Zeniths were onboard, and the venue sat empty most every time I glanced in. Pity. Agree that Darren Tiller is a fine person, and outstanding Hotel Director. Attention to detail was very important to him, and that's always a huge plus.

Thanks again, and welcome home !

Wonderful to hear your comments after the TA! We are booked on next year's and can't wait. Apparently you found Blu to be fine since you ate there most nights which is also encouraging based on other not as positive reports from the same sailing. Thanks for your comments!:)

Hello! We must have dined together that night! I was at the far end of the table with our group leader Bruce and a nice woman in a motor scooter and her family. I'm soooo terrible remembering names....!

Also, Michaels, I found fairly empty thru the day except for pre dinner drink time when the people congregated back around the corner where the seating group and bar were, and most would see it as empty looking in. Met several nice folks there. One evening all 3 seating areas in that area were full, and 3 seats at the bar were taken.

It was my 2nd TA having done the same last year, and again, I loved the lazy days at sea and hope to do another next year, or maybe this fall if time allows!

A transatlantic is a great way to enjoy some lazy days at sea. I will be on my 3rd this coming November. My preference is for the westbound sailings as you have several 25 hour days at sea to enjoy on the cruise ship. I hope you manage to find time to do a westbound TA some day. Looking forward to meeting you in person if we ever happen to be on the same ship at the same time.

A transatlantic is a great way to enjoy some lazy days at sea. I will be on my 3rd this coming November. My preference is for the westbound sailings as you have several 25 hour days at sea to enjoy on the cruise ship. I hope you manage to find time to do a westbound TA some day. Looking forward to meeting you in person if we ever happen to be on the same ship at the same time.

Send me an email so I can have your details.... :-)

I am looking into west bounds but so far haven't pulled a trigger. And I like Constellation, but for it not having Molecular bar :-(

link below....

\/ \/ \/ \/

Send me an email so I can have your details.... :-)

I am looking into west bounds but so far haven't pulled a trigger. And I like Constellation, but for it not having Molecular bar :-(

link below....

\/ \/ \/ \/

You have mail. ;-)

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Edited by vulcan1971

Thanks for taking the time to post your positive review. A TA is on our bucket list. Loved the Eclipse last summer and we are looking forward to our July cruise on the Reflection. :)

We have always had good crews on X. The Eclipse crew seemed happy from the Captain and throughout the entire crew. Must be well managed. Our Butler told me that the Captain, Hotel director and other officers ate with the rest of the crew. I guess this is not the case with all ships. I had told the hotel director how happy I was with the service from our Butler Manuel. The next day they sat together at breakfast and he praised Manuel for a job well done. Smashing !