ATV with Butts Up worth it?

bonvoyaged

I am not necessarily referring to the $ of the excursion. DH and I are taking our grandsons, they will almost be 10 and 13 by time of cruise, next month! A few questions from anyone who has done both the ATV and cave-tubing. We will be doing zip-lining in Roatan so not interested in doing all three here.

1. Will the boys be able to drive their own ATV? Will they like it? How long does it last?

2. Do you get a shorter cave-ride if you also do the ATV? Does it matter?

3. Will Butts-up help carry the tubes if the grandparents need help?

Thanks so much. I have read posts that were from 2012 and 2013, but nothing current regarding this.

Bonvoyaged

I am not necessarily referring to the $ of the excursion. DH and I are taking our grandsons, they will almost be 10 and 13 by time of cruise, next month! A few questions from anyone who has done both the ATV and cave-tubing. We will be doing zip-lining in Roatan so not interested in doing all three here.

1. Will the boys be able to drive their own ATV? Will they like it? How long does it last?

2. Do you get a shorter cave-ride if you also do the ATV? Does it matter?

3. Will Butts-up help carry the tubes if the grandparents need help?

Thanks so much. I have read posts that were from 2012 and 2013, but nothing current regarding this.

Bonvoyaged

I can't answer on the cave tubing but I did the ATV tour with them in November 2012 and honestly, I have to say it was boring. Unless they changed locations, we just seemed to ride around a muddy path in their back yard for about 45 mins. No scenery at all, just circles. I just did the ATV in St. Kitts. It was twice as long and we actually got to see some sites. Definately a different experience.

As far as the boys with their own machine. I'm not sure on the 10 yr old. They are large machines and hard to handle, especially in the muddy areas. If you do plan to do it, bring old clothes and sneakers that you don't mind throwing away. We ended up going right back to the ship. We were so muddy we couldn't go anywhere else.

Since we just did the ATV tour, we were dropped off first while the ones that booked the combo tour went on to the cave tubing. By the time we were finished eating our lunch, they were back for the ATV portion. I'd say about 1.5 hrs after we were dropped off.