Question about window suite (F307) on Caribbean Princess

HardangerMary

A friend and I have just booked F307 (a window suite) on the Caribbean Princess for a trip next year. I've never sailed on the Caribbean before, but we recently did a Hawaii cruise on the Grand and were lucky enough to have the accessible window suite on that trip. Neither of us uses a wheelchair, but I use a walker and having the accessible suite was a huge plus. We weren't that lucky for this next cruise - and I have a question about what we're getting into. On the Grand, some of the other window suites had a step going into the bathroom area. Does anyone know if that's also true on the Caribbean? When I called Princess with questions about these suites it wasn't mentioned, but the agent didn't seem familiar with them at all; it's not mentioned on-line either. On the other hand, I know there are differences in the layouts of the two ships. Any information would be much appreciated!

Mary

A friend and I have just booked F307 (a window suite) on the Caribbean Princess for a trip next year. I've never sailed on the Caribbean before, but we recently did a Hawaii cruise on the Grand and were lucky enough to have the accessible window suite on that trip. Neither of us uses a wheelchair, but I use a walker and having the accessible suite was a huge plus. We weren't that lucky for this next cruise - and I have a question about what we're getting into. On the Grand, some of the other window suites had a step going into the bathroom area. Does anyone know if that's also true on the Caribbean? When I called Princess with questions about these suites it wasn't mentioned, but the agent didn't seem familiar with them at all; it's not mentioned on-line either. On the other hand, I know there are differences in the layouts of the two ships. Any information would be much appreciated!

Mary

We were in F307 on the Golden and F311 on the Grand. Both have a step up to the bathroom. The Golden WS were added just after the Caribbean WS and should be identical. Actually, other than a lighter wood color on the Grand, the WS layout on both ships was identical. You will, unfortunately, have a step up to the bathroom but it is less than three inches and the same as the step up on other cabin types.

We were in F307 on the Golden and F311 on the Grand. Both have a step up to the bathroom. The Golden WS were added just after the Caribbean WS and should be identical. Actually, other than a lighter wood color on the Grand, the WS layout on both ships was identical. You will, unfortunately, have a step up to the bathroom but it is less than three inches and the same as the step up on other cabin types.

Thanks - I thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure.

Mary