Options in Barbados?

wesnliz

I'm going to be making the rounds in the different forms here for our valor cruise in September so I figured I would start here.

I already inquired with calabaza for sea turtles but Are there any other good options for tours in Barbados? We tend to like active adventures and excitement but also love to party (music, booze).

Thanks in advance!

While many people have a preferred tour company they like to use and recommend when it comes to booze cruises, you'll find that most tour companies generally offer the same thing. Snorkel with turtles at Carlisle or Paynes, snorkel over shipwrecks at Carlisle, stop for lunch at Batts Rock or Paynes... Some tour operators stick with smaller groups for a more intimate experience, others go with larger groups to keep costs down.

You will also find locals with boats all along the beach at Carlisle or Paynes who will take you out to the turtles for about $20.

If you like a lively crowd for the beach bar scene, the Boatyard at the north end of Carlisle Bay should work for you.

Cheers, P:)

I'm just now investigating for our port stop next year and snorkeling with turtles is top on my list!

Just curious, would you trust the locals taking you out to them? It would be okay as long as they get you back in a decent time, right? I'm assuming that's $20 pp right? I wonder how long they take you out for??? Anybody know?

Your actual time swimming with the turtles is generally no more than an hour. I believe the price is around $20 pp, but I'm sure there's a little room to negotiate. They are trustworthy - remember, this is their livelihood...

Cheers, P:)