Carnival Beach Break Belize

cruisegal96

Anyone done the beach break on Carnival? Been to Belize a few years back & went to Bannister Caye on RCCL, but not sure what beach Carnival uses for beach break.

Going to follow this because we still do not know what we are doing in August. We will be on the Dream.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...

I just did this with my family (husband and 4.5 year old). We had a great time. Not sure of the name of the beach. They pick you up by boat and take you there. There is a bathroom/changing area, bar, restaurant, lots of beach chairs, and two water trampolines. Also a small playground (two swings, slide).

We got the included food, but it wasn't great. It was some rice and peas and chicken (one serving per person). I would skip that option and just go out of pocket to get more choices.

The beach is great for younger kids. Some waves, but nothing crazy. We felt very comfortable with him in the water playing with friends while we watched. If you have kids, take some sand toys for castle building (also a great way for them to make friends). Try out the water trampoline, it is a lot of fun.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from our Carnival Dream cruise. The Island Beach Break is at Water Caye. It's ok, not great. Plenty of new wooden loungers, very rocky shell filled sand on beach. Right side when exiting the pier is better than the left side. Water trampolines were great if you have kids, ours loved it. Not really anything to look at here for snorkeling, but you could pay additional at the island for a snorkel tour via boat off the island. We didn't do that. We didn't include the food in the ticket thinking we could get more options, but you pretty much still get "chicken or fish" with red beans & rice & we got some nachos. Not much in food options other than that. Chicken was BBQ & very yummy, red beans & rice were very dry. Great staff on the boat that picked us up from ship & took us to island. Just an ok excursion, probably wouldn't go back. In talking to others on our ship, the ziplining in Belize seemed to be the best excursion to take.

Going to follow this because we still do not know what we are doing in August. We will be on the Dream.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Bambilin you will LOVE the Dream it was an awesome ship with some great new features. This is our 10th cruise & it & the Liberty are our favorite Carnival ships. Great staff. Only complaint was Roatan Honduras was cancelled. Hope you have a great cruise in August!!!

Bambilin you will LOVE the Dream it was an awesome ship with some great new features. This is our 10th cruise & it & the Liberty are our favorite Carnival ships. Great staff. Only complaint was Roatan Honduras was cancelled. Hope you have a great cruise in August!!!

Thanks cruisegal! Sorry you did not make it to Roatan! Really hope we get there, looking forward to Little French Key!!!

Still not sure what we will do in Belize, boys not interested in cave tubing or zip lines or the ruins.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Why was Roatan cancelled? We've been there many times - never heard of it being cancelled.

Haven't been there myself to witness it, but they say Mahogany Bay is a small canal for ships to park in, particularly ones the size of the Dream. From what I've read for my upcomming cruise, this means weather plays a bigger factor in the ship's ability to dock than at other ports.

Why was Roatan cancelled? We've been there many times - never heard of it being cancelled.

It was a beautiful blue sky day, but Capt said wind & ocean swells were making it difficult to get in port. I knew in past cruises that wind can be a problem to anchor & tender to shore, but I never knew there would be issues if there was a pier. Based on pics I've seen of Roatan, it looks like the pier runs parallel to shore rather than jetting out from it. ??? :confused: Very disappointed as that was the main port we booked this cruise for. We don't care for Belize, & LOVE Cozumel, but we've been to Cozumel several times. Oh well looking forward to Southern Caribbean next cruise & getting back to Eastern Caribbean.