Pizza on the Jewel

Counting down the days till July 5 on the Jewel. Is pizza available by the slice anywhere on the ship as a snack, or only available as a whole pie through the $5 room service order? Are the ordered pizzas any good? DD pretty much lives on cheese pizza, mac and cheese, and grilled cheese sandwiches:mad:.

Thanks-

you will find pizza by the slice in the buffet, generally any time except breakfast. They will usually have a couple different types.

Pizza delivery is available for $5 on the ship 24/7. It's a while pie. Some have commented that it's very good, and some were less than impressed. The best pizza is at the Italian specialty restaurant.

Yes, pizza by the slice in the buffet. It has been my experience that the buffet pizza is better than the $5 pizza.

Both my husband and I are true pizza-lovers. This is of course all very subjective - but personally I find the $5 pizza from room service better than any pizza I have ever tasted at the buffet on board, and the pizza at the Italian restaurant much better than the two other options. BUT the quality and taste of any pizzas on board varies very much between the ships - I had the best pizza I have ever tasted in the Italian restaurant on the Sun in January 2013 (Salsiccia e Pancetta), it was unbelievably tasteful. Then I ordered the exact same pizza at the Italian restaurant on the Epic in August of 2013, and it literally had no taste (except maybe that it tasted like paper or cheap frozen pizza). Then in January of 2014 I tried the same pizza at the Italian restaurant on the Spirit, and it was much better than on the Epic but still not as good as on the Sun.

I actually have a photo collage that shows the difference between the pizza in the Italian restaurant on the Epic and on the Sun, keep in mind that this is supposed to be the same pizza.... The one on the left is from the Sun and the one on the right is from the Epic.

506923896_Kollasjepizza.jpg.4202c16359ae9c1eb8517ed2e2d1b373.jpg

Both my husband and I are true pizza-lovers. This is of course all very subjective - but personally I find the $5 pizza from room service better than any pizza I have ever tasted at the buffet on board, and the pizza at the Italian restaurant much better than the two other options. BUT the quality and taste of any pizzas on board varies very much between the ships - I had the best pizza I have ever tasted in the Italian restaurant on the Sun in January 2013 (Salsiccia e Pancetta), it was unbelievably tasteful. Then I ordered the exact same pizza at the Italian restaurant on the Epic in August of 2013, and it literally had no taste (except maybe that it tasted like paper or cheap frozen pizza). Then in January of 2014 I tried the same pizza at the Italian restaurant on the Spirit, and it was much better than on the Epic but still not as good as on the Sun.

I actually have a photo collage that shows the difference between the pizza in the Italian restaurant on the Epic and on the Sun, keep in mind that this is supposed to be the same pizza.... The one on the left is from the Sun and the one on the right is from the Epic.

I have compared the pizzas on the Epic, Star, and Gem. In all instances I preferred the buffet pizza (didn't dine at La Cucina so have no reference there). But I prefer thin crust pizza. Oh. Delivery pizza did beat buffet pizza on the Sky. ;)