Breakaway flight home timing

Scott2.0

First off, I apologize if this doesn't belong in this section. Mods, please move if necessary.

Will someone please tell me the earliest time that you would book a flight for after returning from the Breakaway in NYC? I'm looking at a 1:15pm flight out of JFK. Is that cutting it close?

Thanks!

I wouldn't go much earlier than that, but I think it should be ok. That should give you 4+ hours to get to the airport, check in, etc. That time on a Sunday morning shouldn't take too long to get to JFK, so I would think you would have time to spare.

USUALLY the BA is cleared for disembarkation at around 7:30. So if you are early in line and doing the self disembarkation you can be off the ship and cleared customs before 8am...

BUT....

Just a couple of weeks ago, the BA hit a whale on its way back in the Hudson and was stopped for about 3:30 hours before docking....making for a big mess at disembarkation...ANYTHING can happen...I would prefer to book a little later then that...but that is just my opinion.

We were on the sailing that was delayed docking in New York. We had a group of 24. We had a few people who chose to book flights earlier than we suggested.

At 7:30am I let everyone know that due to the delay we should assume that we will not be getting off the ship until 11:30 at the earliest and to consider changing flights if needed. A few chose to gamble and ended up missing their flights and trying to rebook as they were driving to the airport.

It did not help that the limo driver did not know how to get to the airport...but that is a whole other story!

In NY, you want to leave a cushion of time to allow for ship or driving delays.

I hadn't heard about the whale collision. I just Googled the article and read about it. That's nuts! What is the cruise line's recommended departing flight time? I searched NCL's website and couldn't locate any guidelines.

First off, I apologize if this doesn't belong in this section. Mods, please move if necessary.

Will someone please tell me the earliest time that you would book a flight for after returning from the Breakaway in NYC? I'm looking at a 1:15pm flight out of JFK. Is that cutting it close?

Thanks!

1:15 should be fine if there are no docking issues

Thanks to Cruise Critic, we always use Dial7 car service to get to and from JFK - faster, reliable, and cheaper than a cab.