Freedom or Sunshine? Help me choose!

Tristianna

Hi all! This will be our third cruise. Sailed the Breeze last year and loved it! Way back when we sailed the Elation and loved that as well.

It looks like either the Sunshine or the Freedom are our best choices this year or repeat the Breeze.

Thoughts? Pros? Cons? Opinons?

I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone.

Hi all! This will be our third cruise. Sailed the Breeze last year and loved it! Way back when we sailed the Elation and loved that as well.

It looks like either the Sunshine or the Freedom are our best choices this year or repeat the Breeze.

How long are the cruises you are looking at? I love Fort Lauderdale so an 8 day sailing from there would be tempting. However I also have wanted to sail on the Sunshine so that's a tough one. See how much help I was?? :D

I've never minded cruising on the same ship multiple times so if I were going to rank the 3 ships I would choose.

#1 Breeze, because it's the largest and newest and has the most amenities that I would miss on the other ships.

#2 Freedom, because it just got it's 2.0 upgrades so you do have some of the newer venues and because it's a Conquest class ship it's a very comfortable size and layout.

#3 Sunshine, because even though there are area's that I liked I really disliked the new design of the Liquid Lounge, the fact that in the Limelight lounge some people are seated behind the comedian and essentially have to watch the show on a TV. And just overall it felt poorly laid out with large many areas being underutilized or dark feeling (Havana bar).

It would be a toss up between Sunshine and Freedom for me. It's fun to sail on a ship you have never been on. I would make my choice based on price of the cruise and on travel expenses. (How far to drive or how much to pay for airfare.)

Freedom will be going to Galveston in Feb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by huntm

Thanks everyone. They are all around the same price with the Freedom being the cheapest. Sunshine is a 7day, Breeze and Freedom 8day.

I was leaning toward Sunshine because I read it was a mini Breeze, and we loved the Italian restuarant and Water Works. I know the Sunshine is the only other ship that has those plus Guys.

I think the Freedom has a water slide, but not water works?

Of course Breeze would be great but in a way a different ship is always exciting. Plus it is going to almost the same ports we went to last year. Not that I really mind that either, they were beautiful. St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan, and Grand Turk.

Last year we did those ports with the exception of St. Kitts, ours sailed to St. Thomas instead.

Just totally confused at this point.

The Freedom is our favorite ship. We have sailed on her twice, with a third cruise booked in January. We are also booked on the Sunshine for October. The toss up, since you liked the Breeze, would be if you want the feel and decor and upgrades offered on the Breeze. If that is the case, I would either book the Breeze again or the Sunshine. The Freedom was just upgraded, but it does not have all of the things offered on the Breeze or Sunshine:)

I've experienced TWO GREAT cruises recently on the "Breeze", and since it's a "known factor", I'd probably do "Breeze" again.

The lovely Mrs. Jones did the "Sunshine" last Med Cruise, B2B with the TransAtlantic, and didn't care too much for that ship, so I doubt that I'd even consider it.

I'm thinking about booking "Freedom" for an eight day, later in the year, so that ship would absolutely be in the mix.

For me, it'd either be "Breeze", or Freedom", depending on other factors, like price, ports, and the mood I'm in. ;)

"SKY"

Edited by SkyMaster

Freedoms a good ship, but I'd choose the Sunshine hands down!

THANKS to everyone for your replys. For those that did not like the Sunshine, can you tell me why?

I've been leaning towards that ship due to it having all the same things as the Breeze.

Thanks!

The lovely Mrs. Jones didn't like the main theater (Liquid Lounge) area at all, since it converts from a theater to a bar. Isn't good for either in her opinion. The ship still had lots of plumbing problems, at least in her cabin. Limited hot water, toilet flushing problems, and other problems with the heating/cooling of the cabin. There were still buckets catching the leaking plumbing up and down the passageways. Too many public areas that were converted to cabins, causing more crowding.

"SKY"

The Breeze is our favorite ship!:D:D

With that being said, we've never been on the Freedom or Sunshine.:o

I know this sounds petty, but I am NOT a fan of the stadium type seating on their Lido areas. While we've not experienced it, I don't like the look of it.

Is that weird?:eek:

Also, the Dream class of ships, and NOW Sunshine, are the only ships that allow 3 in a Lido Balcony.

We LOVE that location.

I guess I'm just a PITA when booking a cruise.:o

What is Suess at Sea and Camp Ocean?

Suess at Sea will have Dr Suess themed events, parade with the Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2, a character breakfast and other things. Camp Ocean is the updated camp carnival. There are some videos on YouTube that show some of the suess stuff. I'm taking my 2 and 4 year old on the Freedom in Sept just for these things otherwise it would have Liberty for me.