A place close to port for good drinks and lunch?

psimon1210

Can anyone recommend a restaurant that would be similar to Wet Wendy's (those drinks looked great and the prices looked reasonable) but is closer to the cruise port?

I am renting a driver as our excursion to take us around Cozumel and our last stop was going to be Wet Wendy's, but I see it is over 3 miles from the port and that is too much for my crew to walk.

Thanks....

---Paul in Southern NJ

Can anyone recommend a restaurant that would be similar to Wet Wendy's (those drinks looked great and the prices looked reasonable) but is closer to the cruise port?

I am renting a driver as our excursion to take us around Cozumel and our last stop was going to be Wet Wendy's, but I see it is over 3 miles from the port and that is too much for my crew to walk.

Thanks....

---Paul in Southern NJ

Would help if you could tell us which of the 3 piers you will be docking at?

cozumelmap_zpse1be2215.jpg

Punta Langosta in town?

International Pier?

Puerto Maya?

Kind of difficult to recommend, without knowing where you are going to be.

Edited by bguppies

Would help if you could tell us which of the 3 piers you will be docking at?

cozumelmap_zpse1be2215.jpg

Punta Langosta in town?

International Pier?

Puerto Maya?

Kind of difficult to recommend, without knowing where you are going to be.

Found out we will be docking at Punta Langosta. Hope that helps...

Thanks...

---Paul in southern NJ

That pier is the best choice for what you are looking for...

But what I don't understand is where you found out Wet Wendy's is 3 miles from the pier.

According to the map on Wet Wendy's website, they are located off the main town square, right by the ferry boat pier.

cozumelmap.jpg

The Ferry pier is only 5-6 blocks down from Punta Langosta pier.....

I've walked 5 blocks past that, from Punta Langosta, to get to Los Cinco Soles/Pachos Backyard for free margaritas and it wasn't too much of walk. (in the morning. Don't know I'd try 10 blocks in Cozumel's afternoon heat)

But it is definitely not 3 miles from Punta Langosta pier.

Why go to something similar, when the actual one is reasonably close.

Plus there are a bunch of other bar/restaurants right there in the town square area, down towards Punta Langosta.

Definitely the best pier to dock at, if you want to wander and explore bars/restaurants a short walk from the pier.

(the other two piers just have the same bars that every caribbean port has, in their pier area. Senor Frogs, etc..)

Edited by bguppies

Found out we will be docking at Punta Langosta. Hope that helps...

Thanks...

---Paul in southern NJ

Paul,

Then you will be within VERY easy walking distance to Wet Wendy's. Punta Langosta Pier is right in San Miguel and only a short walk to the town square (in which Wendy's is located just off of). The piers that are 3 miles away are the International and Puerta Maya so you don't have to worry about it. 10 minute walk or so. Easy Peasy.

Just did a walking bar tour and Wet Wendys was first on the list. We too docked at Punta Longosta and had no problem what so ever walking to it. Very easy to get to. Like mentioned, walk down the main street (with the ship on the left) and follow till you see The Thirsty Cougar bar on the corner. (Another great place we stopped at and owned by the same people as Wet Wendys.). Then you can make a right and you will see the pedestrian only street. Take a left and keep walking down. WW is on the left. Another great bar on the way to WW is called Woodys. Great big drinks and great food and prices too. Music, outdoor seating etc....

If you walk down the main street all the way, you will take a right at the Fat Tuesdays. Then you will be right in the square.