Is my status tier limited to Carnival?

topguy

I have taken enough "Carnival" cruises to reach platinum. If I were to sail on one of the other cruise lines in the Carnival corporation, like Holland America, Princess, etc., would I have platinum status on those as well?

I have taken enough "Carnival" cruises to reach platinum. If I were to sail on one of the other cruise lines in the Carnival corporation, like Holland America, Princess, etc., would I have platinum status on those as well?

No unfortunately

Yeah, my top level status on Cunard does nothing with Carnival, unlike RCI, where my status with Celebrity makes me Diamond with them, and that ain't bad considering I have never sailed RCI!

Carnival is not exactly giving me an incentive to give them a try, and now that I live within an hours drive of FLL and MIA, maybe they should think about that. I just joined their VIFP club for the heck of it! Maybe I'll get one of those free inside cabin letters!! :D

Edited by loubetti

You probably have a better chance at getting one than I do!! :D

I feel your pain, jamman! Lol. There doesn't seem to be any rationale to how Carnival is doling out those free cabin letters. I think the OP has the right idea. There's no harm in joining and the OP might happen to get lucky. Its more like entering a lottery than rewarding loyal customers, isn't it?

I feel your pain, jamman! Lol. There doesn't seem to be any rationale to how Carnival is doling out those free cabin letters. I think the OP has the right idea. There's no harm in joining and the OP might happen to get lucky. Its more like entering a lottery than rewarding loyal customers, isn't it?

I don't do so well in the lotteries either!! :D Good for those people who get the letters and can take advantage of them. Maybe one day our numbers will come up!! :p

Your status does NOT carry over to other cruise lines under the Carnival Corp. umbrella of cruise lines.

We'd love for ours on Princess to do that when we sometimes cruise on HAL and Carnival. :rolleyes:

LuLu