Sensitive Female Question

See linked review::D

http://members.tripod.com/~PARNAMI/Century.html

Although I wold never have so many negative things to say about Celebrity, I was shown this review when I made a post about Celebrity's ships being named for cars. I think it is about two or three pages in where he points our where Celebrity sells the feminine Hygine products.

I was thinking about this, too, and I never know when mine is going to be here. So, I ordered this thing called a Diva Cup. They have a website if you are interested. I have a friend that uses one and I had never really thought about using one before but the thought of being on a ship and not wanting to pack anything that I didn't need (I always try to pack the bare minimum wherever I go -- and on a ship, that's really hard to do). She's never had any problems and has been using one for a long time. So...I took the plunge and ordered one. I'm all set. All I have to take with me is that one little thing and I'm set.:D

I know this doesn't answer your question but I wanted to post anyway since there are alternatives, and this is one that most people don't know about. It is safe to use and easy to carry. Take care...

• 3 weeks later...
Do any of the gift shops on the Carnival ships sell Kotex? I'll be sailing in September and I sure would hate to be at that time of month and have no Kotex! :eek:

If you're on the pill, why don't you alter your medication so that you don't have your period on your cruise? Just ask your OB. All you really need to do is skip the "off" week. More and more women are doing this not just for vacations, but for everyday living. It's fine for your body. Biologically, we have way more periods than our bodies were designed for--we were designed to be pregnant and lactating much more than the 2.5 times per lifetime we average.

If you're on the pill, why don't you alter your medication so that you don't have your period on your cruise? Just ask your OB. All you really need to do is skip the "off" week. More and more women are doing this not just for vacations, but for everyday living. It's fine for your body. Biologically, we have way more periods than our bodies were designed for--we were designed to be pregnant and lactating much more than the 2.5 times per lifetime we average.

I have been "fixed" for a number of years now but still use the pill for a few months before vacation time so I either don't have my period or it is very light. I just call my OB/GYN and he sets some samples aside for me. BUT- I also have tampons in every suitcase we own. Hubby has lived in a 3 woman household for a long time so he expects to see feminine products everywhere. He says he lives in "Hormone Hell":D

On our last cruise DD got her monthly visit...late at night...She of course was not prepared...She sent her boyfriend, 21 and quite shy, to buy her some tampons, the store onboard wasnt open. He, in a panic, didnt want to go back to the cabin empty handed. He went to the desk and ask the person if there was anywhere on board where he could purchase them. They were all so impressed that he had the guts to ask, they all went into their bags and gave him some of theirs. That held he over until the next day.

Patty

aww. that is really nice.

Defanitly bring your own becuase of the prices.

it has diffrent squares you can keep things in and seperated! i always suggest this !

1. pads/tampons

2.deoderant

3toothpaste/tooth brush

4. lipstick/gloss

5 coated rubberbands as if your bags have not arrived by evening you can put your hair in a pretty bun or pony tail

6.a pair of hose

7.a vial of good fragrance

I have been "fixed" for a number of years now but still use the pill for a few months before vacation time so I either don't have my period or it is very light. I just call my OB/GYN and he sets some samples aside for me. BUT- I also have tampons in every suitcase we own. Hubby has lived in a 3 woman household for a long time so he expects to see feminine products everywhere. He says he lives in "Hormone Hell":D

I am not on the pill, but I have also had to do this twice to avoid my period on a cruise. Just call your OB-GYN and they can help you! My husband and I only get away once a year without our kids, it's just the one thing you don't really need, right?

Do any of the gift shops on the Carnival ships sell Kotex? I'll be sailing in September and I sure would hate to be at that time of month and have no Kotex! :eek:

They are usually in one of the gift shops on board but they are more like $5 not $10. I have bought them before. I guess the person who paid $10 must have bought a large box. I bought a pack of 12 for like $4.95.

The public restrooms have the machines also.

On a side note hear, I've read where other women have forgotten their bc pills and were able to get some from the ship's doctor. Apparently, they stock all kinds.

We took our DDs (twins) and their best friends (also twins) on a cruise 2 years ago. Our girls had not started having monthly visits yet. But their best friends, who are 2 years older, had been having theirs for awhile. Before leaving, upon my suggestion, the girls stocked up and brought lots and lots of supplies with them. My hubby swore it looked like she had more than the drugstore. It was fortunate. With the exception of one of my daughters, every single female ended up having their period at some point during our vacation. My other daughter ended up starting hers a few months later while we were on a cruise without her. I swear it must be something about cruising. Incidentally, the friend that had packed the most supplies did not bring any with her, just in case, when we went on the Atlantis excursion. Of course, that's when she started and let me just say the Atlantis gift shop isn't cheap either.

I had to laugh about the young girl bringing so many with her. I can remmember packing my feminine needs for a trip when I was around 13 or 14. Mom used to buy the super sized boxes that would last like six months. I packed like 40 pads in my suitcase. When Mom saw she said "Hon you must have thought you were going to bleed to death."

Archived