Oasis of the Seas: is the food good??

I got off the Oasis on May 10, 2014. The food is good and we saw two wedding parties come to the MDR for their meals after their wedding. All the people in the MDR started clapping and cheering for the bride and groom as they walked in. To me the food was like a 5 star restaurant because of the personal service from your waiter and assistant waiter. They knew our names and what we liked to drink by the second night. The dinning experience was awsome! Like my sister said, you feel like a queen. The food is good. The steaks and prime rib were tender and flavorful. The only thing I did not like was a tomato sauce pasta. My assistant waiter brought out the short ribs and it was so good. So if you order something you do not like they will bring something else. They want you to be pleased with your dinning experience. Oasis is an amazing ship. You can not go wrong. The entertainment is amazing. The diving show is not to be missed and Come Fly With Me. More information than you asked for but thought I would tell you about that.:D

Yep food is very subjective, as everyone's tastes are obviously different. However I've never seen anyone come on here and say they've LOST weight on a cruise.

There are so many options that you can certainly find food to your liking.

Just a hunch but those that do complain, and this is just my opinion, come from big city people who have tons and tons of options for superior culinary experiences.

Yep food is very subjective, as everyone's tastes are obviously different. However I've never seen anyone come on here and say they've LOST weight on a cruise..

It does happen! I'm not even trying or need to lose weight but often lose several pounds on a cruise.

LuLu

As someone who has sailed on both, I would say the food in the MDR on the Fantasy was about the same as Oasis. Palo is fantastic but so is Chops. The dinner's on the Fantasy can get "Rowdy" in the MDR with all the kids running around etc, but the wait staff does a great job of creating an exceptional experience. The dining room on the Oasis was much more subdued.

The free options on Oasis are a great alternative (Soalrium, Park Cafe) which Disney doesnt have per say.

Go with the Oasis, you will enjoy it much more for your honeymoon, unless you want that "Disney Touch"

Congrats BTW!

Food quality is only subjective if you give an opinion. Objectively, it is superior to CCL.

Just look at the quality of meats:

CCL buffet has cheap meat, like ham, meatloaf, etc.

RCL- More expensive stuff. I saw t-bone steaks one night there. Forget the "I like meatloaf better than steak" nonsense. What do you think cost more? A t-bone steak or a lump of meatloaf?

CCL hotdogs were mystery meat variety, RCL had kosher. Kosher dogs cost more.

The anytime steak option on CCL is a challenge to cut and chew. Anytime steak on RCL was so tender that I could cut it with the non serrated part of a knife.

CCL is big in cheap meats (like burgers) and carbs (cheap to make).

Healthy food is more expensive, yet you'll find more of it on RCL, like the Solarium, where you can get turkey sausage, grilled mushrooms, etc.RCL does a lot nice things with food that CCL would never because CCL is too busy cutting corners. Want a salad with a a couple of crab legs on top? Yeah, take a guess which cruiseline will give you that!

On the CCL board, you'll frequently see the phrase "You won't go hungry " but that can be applied to a visit to McD's. It implies quantity over quality and indeed, there are a lot of people who simply want to eat a ton of food and hey, that's their choice. If you value quality, I think you'll like what the Oasis has. I haven't sailed her yet (will next year) but was on the Allure last year and the variety and quality of food was the best I have experienced on a RCL in decades.

We sailed on the Oasis in February, and ate in the MDR every night, and in the Windjammer every afternoon, and had room service for breakfast every day. We were impressed with the quality of the food, and even more impressed with the service. (We had 6PM dinner seating, but I understand you may or may not get the same level of service when doing MyTime dining.) The only things I didn't care for were the Lobster Bisque (way too dark, and strong - even the waiter discouraged it!) and the lamb on the last night. (The lamb was my own fault - I didn't realize it was such a dark, heavy meat, and dark meat and I don't get along at all. So for anyone who likes dark, heavy meats, it would probably have been fine.) Everything was always fresh. We're not haute cuisine people, but we do like good food. I definitely think that the quality on the Oasis was better than previous cruises we've taken on CCL and NCI, but that was years ago. I know for SURE the casual "Windjammer" was far better than the buffet-style dining venue on the Carnival Sensation!

Edited by TequilaToo