Naples City Sightseeing Hopon Hopof

firasm101

Hi Guys,

I'll be on a cruise will be in Naples at Aug 19th from 7:00AM till 7:00PM, I'm thinking of taking the City Sightseeing Hopon Hopof:

http://www.city-sightseeing.com/tours/italy/naples.htm

Do you think it's a good idea? Will I be missing anything special if I do so?

Any suggestions/tips?

Thank You,

Firas

I'm a fan of Naples and have not explored the city nearly enough. I have been there several times and I might consider doing such a Hopon Hopoff bus in a future trip if I were a fan of those busses. However, I will point out that the major sites that are often mentioned as being primary cruise passenger destinations are not covered by the Hopon Hopoff buses. Do you want to go see the ruins of Pompeii? This is probably the most popular tourist destination in the area. Another is a boat trip to the island of Capri. If you have no interest in these two, then staying in the central Naples area using the hop on hop off busses might be suitable. The Archeological Museum is amazing. The castle near the port and the large public square nearby is also worth seeing. The busses would not be necessary to see any of these however if you're able to walk distances. But if you're looking to see a broader example of the city, then the busses would help do that. Although, if you do the Museum, you'll need a few hours to enjoy it and if you're able it's a nice walk back to the ship on a good day.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

If you have mobility issues and just want to see the layout of the city, the HOHO buses will do the trick. Remember, however, that Naples is an extremely old city and that the historic center is not accessible by bus, so you won't see that at all.

If you are planning to get on and off to do some exploring, pick out your stops first and work from there. Traffic in Naples is very congested, even with the ZTLs they implemented a couple of years ago, so you'll want to head to your "must see" stops first, after that you can ride around in the time you have left.