Allure B2B **Double** Trip Review 5/4/14 - 5/18/14 (lots o' pics)!!!

Introduction

Hi everyone! My last review of the Freedom of the Seas seemed to be pretty successful. I got lots of positive feedback and many requests to do another one. So, here's round two: Allure of the Seas! But this time, everything will be doubled!! Two full weeks (ok, I did that last time), on twice the ship (well, almost), with twice as much stuff to review (it sure seemed that way), but also with something I don't think anyone has done before: Two reviewers each giving their review of the same cruise in one thread!!!

Joining me to give her own take and experiences is SolsticeAZ. She'll be posting her own review, with a more feminine perspective, and chock full of the pictures that she took. Don't worry, we'll make sure not to cover the same things unless we each had something unique to add.

Let's get this party started! We went here:

Itinerary_zpse97bed38.png

All on board this:

Allure_zps8ffa11be.png

About Me

I'm a male, 46 year-old, retired Software Engineer who has been married for 24 years with no kids. I'm a food and wine guy who also enjoys cigars and having a good time. I've been on 12 cruises since 1993, all with RCCL, ranging in length from 7 to 14 days, including a back-to-back. My idea of a vacation hotspot includes lots of sun, sandy beaches and drinks with umbrellas in them (lots of rum works too). All my itineraries have been either Mexico or the Caribbean. I generally like to do my own thing on shore. For the most part, I don't often use the ship's shore excursions. I'm not a photographer or an aspiring photographer, but I seem to have a pretty good eye for photos (or so I'm told). I don't use any special equipment. All I have is a smart phone that happens to have a camera.

Overview

Just like last time, I'm going to divide this review into two parts: Part I will be all about the Allure of the Seas itself. I'm going to try to cover everything on the ship in 10,000 posts or less (good luck, right?). Part II will be a day-by-day account of the cruise(s). There will be plenty of coverage of food and drink, but I'm not going to include absolutely everything as there will be lots of duplicates. If it's worth seeing or hearing about, I promise to show you and tell you all about it. Deal?

Naturally, I've taken plenty of pictures. I'll do my absolute best to answer any questions. Please feel free to ask, comment, critique or whatever.

Cabin Selection

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Cabin location is pretty important, especially on a ship as large as the Allure (see SolsticeAZ's section on Getting Around). However, if you want a back-to-back in the same cabin, your choices get pretty limited unless you book over a year in advance. We wanted a Junior Suite, which narrows the options even more.

Royal Caribbean has made it so you really can't pick a Junior Suite on Deck 9 with a bad location. We couldn't get any of the "hump" cabins for both cruises. The extra fraction of a millimeter of balcony space wasn't worth the hassle of switching cabins mid-vacation. We ended up picking cabin 9626.

Cabin9626_zps493debc4.png

All in all, a pretty good spot. And a pretty nice looking cabin (from the 3D graphic):

JuniorSuite3D_zps2cab4687.png

Fort Lauderdale

Allure departs from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It is pretty easy to get to. I believe it is plenty reasonable to fly in via the Miami airport with a short car ride as well, giving you two major international airports to use. Like any other cruise these days, unless you live close enough to drive/fly and cruise in the same day, you'll be staying somewhere the night before. Since I live in the western US and cruises to Mexico have all but disappeared, I have some experience with staying over the night before.

I've tried it a couple of different ways and learned that saving a few bucks the first night of vacation just doesn't quite work for me. Enter the Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale.

Ritz-Carlton1_zps1389a282.pngRitz-Carlton2_zpsbb86cb8c.png

Given the cost of the cruise, the added expense of this hotel compared to others was not significant, and completely worth it. Plus, it is the first night of vacation - might as well make it somewhere awesome.

And awesome it was. The corner room facing the beach was simply incredible.

RitzBedroom_zps97addbf4.pngRitzBathroom1_zps9505b1cb.png

RitzBathroom2_zps2502f393.pngRitzBalcony_zps3db6028b.png

RitzPool_zps84337b79.png

We got in pretty late in the afternoon and decided to hit the bar at Via Luna (the Ritz-Carlton’s restaurant), enjoy a beverage and watch the Kentucky Derby.

ViaLunaBar_zps25789a7c.pngViaLunaBarPainting_zpsa1c53914.png

Not sure if you can make it out, but there are horses in the wave.

ViaLunaBarMenu_zpsf08e8ea2.png

The cocktail menu.

RitzMartini_zps8ad72e0a.pngRitzMojito_zps071d9d83.png

A dirty martini and standard mojito (they were out of blood orange juice, so couldn't make the mojito Italiano).

After getting cleaned up, we got some food at Via Luna. I had researched places to eat in the area and this one was rated one of the best. The food was fantastic (Italian-inspired American), as was the service.

RitzMartini_zps8ad72e0a.pngRitzChampagne_zps61411f2e.png

Of course, a few pre-dinner cocktails - martini and some champagne.

RitzCarpaccio_zps91b7bdcb.pngRitzBeetSalad_zpsbe438439.png

RitzStripSteak_zpsa5361dc6.pngRitzSurfampTurf_zpsd6c7414c.png

We had the carpaccio, heirloom beet salad, surf & turf (scallops and short rib), NY strip steak, and the polenta.

Given the cost of the cruise, the added expense of this hotel compared to others was not significant, and completely worth it. Plus, it is the first night of vacation - might as well make it somewhere awesome.

And awesome it was. The corner room facing the beach was simply incredible.

RitzBedroom_zps97addbf4.pngRitzBathroom1_zps9505b1cb.png

RitzBathroom2_zps2502f393.pngRitzBalcony_zps3db6028b.png

RitzPool_zps84337b79.png

Was also on this B2B with you! Had a wonderful two weeks, looking forward to the review and pics, thanks........K.O.:)

Later we sat out on the veranda overlooking the beach, enjoyed a cigar and an after dinner drink. It was simply a fantastic way to start the vacation.

RitzRemyXO_zps6624795a.pngRitzCigar_zps5b68d0b7.png

Remy XO and Padron 1964 Anniversary.

The next morning we walked down the beach, which was beautiful and eventually stopped in at the H2O Café for a mimosa.

H2OMimosa_zps9ad166b1.png

Embarkation

Terminal_zpsad6a1fcd.png

We caught a cab to the port – a few minute ride at best. We arrived about 11:05 and the ship’s computers crashed, which created problems for the rest of the afternoon. In many cases, passenger pictures and information had to be re-entered. Despite that, we were checked-in by 11:20 and at the wait lounge at 11:25. By 12:00, we were on board. Considering the magnitude of the computer disaster (and the constant apologies by the crew and captain), RCI did a fantastic job.

Part 1 - Allure of the Seas

AllureSign_zpsdb7c901d.png

Food

So, who's hungry? If you can't find something you'd like to eat on Allure, there is just no pleasing you. Just about any time of the day or night, you can find something to eat.

Adagio Dining Room (Deck 3-5 Aft)

Adagio1_zpsaf822b7e.pngAdagio2_zpsbaa79939.png

Three levels of sit-down dining. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but only at set times. You can sign up for My Time Dining, which allows more flexibility.

Boardwalk Dog House (Deck 6 Aft Starboard)

BoardwalkDogHouse_zpsf0a65f96.png

A tip of the hat to Coney Island hot dog stands, fitting for the location. If you're a hot dog person, this is your place. If not, move along, there's nothing to see here.

Boardwalk Donuts (Deck 6 Aft)

BoadwalkDonuts_zps7d601e66.png

Who doesn't love a good donut? For those who don't: What's wrong with you?!? (just kidding)

Cafe Promenade (Deck 5 Port)

CafePromenade_zpse588ebef.png

Typical cafe, serving coffee and snacks. They are open all the time.

Park Cafe (Deck 8 Port)

ParkCafe_zpsa3eccf52.png

Another take on the typical cafe with a focus on "make-your-own" salads and sandwiches (including panini). Try the roast beef sandwich with au jus. You have no one to blame but yourself, if you don't. Because of the roast beef sandwich, the lines here can get long and finding a spot to sit can be a challenge. If you go (and you should), help out your fellow cruisers by not just sitting around.

Solarium Bistro (Deck 15 Forward)

SolariumBistro_zpsd5b0b448.png

Open for breakfast and lunch with an eye towards lighter and healthful (their word, not mine) options.

Sorrentos (Deck 5 Starboard)

Sorrentos_zps317c0668.png

Serving pizza, sandwiches, salads and desserts all hours of the day and night. It can get busy around 2 am right after Blaze closes.

Vitality Cafe (Deck 6 Forward)

VitalityCafe_zps46c887d4.pngVitalityCafeMenu_zps5e436cb2.png

Located in the spa, this place specializes in fresh fruit juices and smoothies. Great for just after your workout.

Windjammer Marketplace (Deck 16 Aft)

Windjammer_zps463fbe4d.png

Cafeteria-style dining open throughout the day and evening. They offer a wide variety of foods and are closed for brief periods between meal times. You'll probably be eating here more than anywhere else on the ship. For those of you who are nautically savvy, the name is a little misleading. On most (all?) other classes of RCI ships, the Windjammer is at the front of the ship, "jamming" into the "wind". On the Oasis class, you'll find the Windjammer at the back.

Wipe Out Cafe (Deck 15 Aft Starboard)

WipeoutCafe_zps41d95b05.png

Cafe "kids-style". Located right next to the sports court and teen area, this place is popular with kids of all ages. It is perfect for a quick bite. Not so much for a relaxing meal. They do have breakfast, however.

Room Service

If you still couldn't find something to eat, there is always 24 hour room service (there is a charge late-night).

For A Charge

These places cost extra. Some have a set "up charge" (an additional fee, no matter what you order), others charge by the item ("a la carte", for the more sophisticated).

Candy Beach (Deck 6 Aft Starboard)

CandyBeach_zps643fefe1.png

Candy store on the high seas.

Cupcake Cupboard (Deck 5 Port)

CupcakeCupboard_zps788d0d00.png

Just in case you were looking for a delicious baked good... They offer decorating classes (for a small fee).

Ice Cream Parlor (Deck 6 Aft Port)

IceCreamParlor_zps5661f577.png

A necessity. After all, how will you have an ice cream covered donut with candy sprinkles to go with your hot dog as you ride the carousel without this place? I'm kidding...or am I?

Johnny Rockets (Deck 6 Aft Starboard)

JohnnyRockets_zpsbba82fd0.png

Classic 50's style diner serving burgers, fries, milkshakes, etc. The servers dance when certain songs are played.

Rita's Cantina (Deck 6 Aft Port)

RitasCantina_zps30b281cf.png

Typical Mexican fare, open for lunch and dinner. On certain nights, it becomes Rita's Fiesta (see below).

Starbuck's (Deck 5)

Starbucks_zpse8f4482c.png

When a regular cup of Joe just isn't good enough. And for me, it isn't. Hi, my name is AZAficionado, and I'm a coffee snob. Yes, I admit that I grind and brew my own espresso (Starbuck's Italian Roast) at home every day. Please don't judge me.

Specialty Dining

These places are like regular restaurants, like you'd find on land. They all have an additional charge.

150 Central Park (Deck 8 Starboard)

150CentralPark_zps0e2e247f.png

This place is the finest dining you'll find on Allure. The cuisine is nouvelle (fancy-schmancy, for you non-foodies) and they offer both a standard menu and a tasting menu with wine pairings available. The wine list has 150 wines, including some that cost more than entire cruise.

Chef's Table (Deck 11 Aft - in the Concierge Lounge)

ChefsTable_zpscf28962c.png

Not so much a restaurant as an intimate opportunity to have the ship's chef wow you. There is very limited seating (14-ish) and only one seating each night. The menu is a tasting menu with paired wines. Interesting location as it is in the Concierge Lounge.

Chop's Grille (Deck 8 Port)

ChopsGrille_zps13df1589.png

Steakhouse on the high seas. Duh.

Giovanni's Table (Deck 8 Starboard)

GiovannisTable_zps2a8a725c.png

Upscale Italian dining, but still family-friendly.

Izumi (Deck 16 Port)

Izumi_zpsaae7f892.png

Japan-Asian-sushi but without the gargantuan city-destroying monsters and cartoon creatures. A refreshing alternative to standard fare for those who like Asian-inspired dining. Hai! Sorry, we ate here three times and not once did I get a photo of the sign. My shame, it is infinite!

Rita's Fiesta (Deck 6 Aft Port)

RitasFiesta_zpsb128b2e5.png

On select nights, Rita's Cantina becomes Rita's Fiesta which is Mexican dining turned into a giant party.

Samba Grill (Deck 15 Forward)

SambaGrill_zps50036da6.png

Brazilian steakhouse, just like at home (if you live in Brazil). This is South American style cuisine with a focus on meats - the servers carve them table side.

Bars

Much like the food, alcohol is readily available on the Allure. You can get a drink at just about any time of the day or night. In addition to the list below, just about every venue also has its own bar (or three) - the theaters, night club, restaurants, etc. In total, there are 42 bars on board, including the ones in the crew areas. Most bars serve "everything", but there are some exceptions. The bars in the various venues can be limited (especially the ones in the theaters). Some listed below have a particular specialty or limitation.

As for pricing, I know current menus with prices are available on the interwebs. In general, you can expect standard service industry retail pricing - what you would expect from a nightclub or restaurant on land.

Drink of the Day

Every day there is a different specialty drink that is available in most bars and through roving waiters up on deck. They are "frozen" and available with or without alcohol. The ones I've tried are quite yummy. However, they just aren't my kind of thing, so I rarely order them.

Boardwalk Bar (Deck 6 Aft)

BoardwalkBar_zps33fb6256.png

You're gonna need something to wash down the hot dogs, donuts, candy, ice cream, burgers and Mexican food on the Boardwalk. This place is where to get it.

Boleros (Deck 5 Starboard)

Boleros_zps3c812fd2.png

A full service bar with a Latin flair, both in what they serve and their nightly entertainment. If you like Salsa dancing, this is your spot at night.

Bow and Stern (Deck 5 Port)

BowampStern_zpse149e716.pngBowampStern2_zpsa60a1a0c.png

A traditional English-style pub with plenty of beers on tap. The often have entertainment at night.

Champagne Bar (Deck 5 Starboard)

ChampagneBar_zpsf2bbd83d.png

Specializing in champagnes, sparkling wines, champagne cocktails and high-end liquors, this is the place to get a beverage for that special moment or celebration. However, their selection is limited (aka NO BEER).

Mast Bar (Deck 16 Starboard)

MastBar_zpsb1fd2e74.png

Four pool areas, means you need four pool bars (duh). This is one of the four and all are full service.

Pool Bar (Deck 15 Port)

PoolBar_zpse0e3b731.png

This is the "original" of the four, right next to the Main Pool.

Rising Tide Bar (Deck 5 or 8)

RisingTide_zps91aae8c8.pngRisingTide2_zpsec2d01f7.png

This bar is like no other on Allure, or anywhere else. Except on Oasis...and the next two Oasis class ships they are building (and if they have something similar on Quantum). Alright, it isn't unique. But it is still pretty cool. It is an open air elevator between decks 5 and 8 that also happens to be a bar. Worth "riding" at least once for the novelty aspect.

Sand Bar (Deck 15 Starboard)

SandBar_zps2c9f0d74.png

The mirror to the Pool Bar, right next to the Beach Pool. Sand - Beach. See what they did there?

Schooner Bar (Deck 6 Port)

SchoonerBar1_zps5f896732.pngSchoonerBar2_zps3aff4d38.png

The classic. Complete with genuine, authentic, imitation, piped-in aroma. There is a piano man (person?) who performs nightly.

Sky Bar (Deck 16 Port)

SkyBar_zps8eabb2e0.png

Last of the four pool area bars. It is the companion to the Mast Bar.

Solarium Bar (Deck 16 Forward)

SolariumBar_zps6529ac26.png

Another full service bar for those at the pool, the Solarium pool in this case.

Trellis Bar (Deck 8)

TrellisBar_zps8b895132.png

Conveniently located in the heart of Central Park, for when you get thirsty enjoying the scenery.

Viking Crown (Deck 17)

VikingCrown_zps6a867c26.png

This is the place to plan the pillaging and plundering of your next port of call. Oh. They didn't mean that kind of Viking? Seriously, this is a classic and staple of the fleet. A full service bar with the view of views - 180 degrees from the top of the ship. I like to grab a sunset drink here once a cruise and just enjoy the view.

Vintages (Deck 8 Starboard)

Vintages_zps174c4dfb.png

As the name might suggest, this place is all about wine. They have a fairly wide selection of wines by the glass and also by the flight (three smaller pours, allowing you to taste several wines). They serve tapas (small bites) and offer several different wine tastings (for a small fee).

Wipeout Bar (Deck 16 Aft)

WipeoutBar_zps6c970950.png

All that basketball, mini golf, zip line and "killing it" on the flow rider is going to make you thirsty. This place has you covered.

Fitness/Sports

That much eating and drinking might catch up with you. If you want to stay in "ship shape", Allure has several options. Many of them require a waiver, which you can sign electronically when you check-in online before the cruise.

Allure Dunes (Deck 15 Aft Port)

AllureDunes_zps63c064d7.png

Who doesn't a love a little min-golf? The water hazard is a killer, though.

Flowrider (Deck 16 Aft)

Flowrider_zps302df123.png

A surf simulator for boogie boards and even stand-up surfing. You did bring your own board, right? Side story: On a previous cruise, I did see a teenage girl who did bring her own board. I don't think she got wet once from the flow rider, all cruise. People like her and the staff make the flow rider look easy. It's not. Note for the ladies: This thing doubles as a turbo-charged bikini remover (tops and bottoms), so dress appropriately.

Jogging Track (Deck 5)

JoggingTrack_zpsdcefceb1.png

Set on its own deck (no sight-seers or sunbathers). Personally, I like this set up even if it does have a lower degree of difficulty (no dodging slow moving passengers while you run). It even includes motivational sayings on the ceiling ("Two more laps to make up for dessert").

Rock Climbing Walls (Deck 7 Aft Port & Starboard)

RockClimbingWall_zps5c405141.png

Just like you'd expect.

Sports Court (Deck 15 Aft Starboard)

SportsCourt_zps8028e18b.png

A multi-purpose court for basketball and other sports. At various times during the day, they have organized activities.

Studio B (Deck 4)

StudioB_zpsdbaaf232.png

You did pack your ice skates for your Caribbean vacation, right? Don't worry, they have skates for you to use. Just remember to bring long pants.

Vitality at Sea Fitness Center (Deck 6 Forward)

FitnessCenter_zpscc54e4c1.png

A full-blown gym with all the typical workout machines (cardio, weights, weird yoga stuff, etc.)

Zip Line (Deck 16 Aft)

ZipLine_zps0bb2379b.png

This makes the zip line at Labadee look like the bunny slopes...Ok, no. But that would be cool, wouldn't it? This is still pretty cool, zip lining eight stories up over the Boardwalk area.

Relaxation/Wellness

I don't about you, but I'm exhausted. I came on vacation to relax and Allure has plenty of ways for you to do that.

Beach Pool (Deck 15 Starboard)

BeachPool_zpsfb453d95.png

Allure has four pools (technically five, if you count the H2O Zone). This is one of them. All of your pool deck shenanigans will be happening here.

Cantilever Whirlpools (Deck 15 Forward)

HotTub_zpsfad35079.png

These hang over the side of the ship. There's one on each side.

Main Pool (Deck 15 Port)

MainPool_zps8a9d55ce.png

Almost identical to the beach pool, just across the gap that splits the ship in half.

Sea Trek (Deck 15 Port)

SeaTrek_zps20fddfd6.png

All you divers and wana-be divers, these guys have everything you need. From equipment to certification to dive excursions, you'll find it here.

Solarium (Deck 15 Forward)

Solarium_zps6d207ef5.png

SolariumPool_zps79bd478e.png

A mostly-enclosed, "adult only" pool area. Available spots disappear quickly, so prepare accordingly.

Sports Pool (Deck 15 Port)

SportsPool_zpse2bafd5d.png

With so many passengers, two pools just won't cut it...

Vitality at Sea Spa (Deck 6 Forward)

VitalitySpa_zps12868aa0.pngVitalitySalon_zps9cf660c5.png

For you spa types (SolsticeAZ, I'm looking at you). They have a full range of amenities including a full salon for hair, nails, etc.

Children

You brought your kids on vacation with you? Well, I guess you couldn't leave them at home alone. No problem, Royal Caribbean has you covered so you can get some alone time while your kids have an absolute blast.

H2O Zone (Deck 15 Starboard)

H2OZone2_zps2d24fbe5.pngH2OZone_zps93a0ca48.png

Man, how come the kids get the best pool on the ship?

The Living Room (Deck 15 Aft Port)

The teen hang-out area where teens can be teens. I didn't get photos of the teen areas. I covered that in my Freedo review last year and I figured I'd give the teens a break this time.

Challenger's Arcade (Deck 15 Aft Starboard)

With all kinds of video games, for the kids. Yea, that means I shouldn't hang out there, no matter how much I want to. Sigh.

Fuel Teen Disco (Deck 15 Aft)

Teen night club.

The Back Deck (Deck 15 Aft Port)

An outdoor area for the teens.

Kids' Avenue (Deck 14 Forward)

AdventureOcean_zpsc5297b29.pngKidsAvenue_zps734be046.png

This entire area of the ship is for pre-teen kids. My understanding, as someone who doesn't actually have kids, is that Royal Caribbean does an excellent job taking care of kids of all ages.

Kids' Arcade (Deck 14 Forward)

If the teens are hogging the video games in the Challenger's Arcade, try here. No, no, this is for the younger kids.

Workshop (Deck 14 Forward)

ImaginationStudio_zps3211e3c5.png

Where kids can do all kinds of arts and craft type activities. Pretty awesome.

Adventure Ocean Theater (Deck 14 Forward)

Theater_zps9eb3b8d0.png

Where kids can catch a movie.

Nursery (Deck 14 Forward)

Where they can look after the very young ones to give moms and dads a few hours alone.

Adventure Science Lab (Deck 14 Forward)

ScienceLab_zpsd0646c58.png

While you're laying by the pool sipping on a drink of the day, your kids will be here developing some new super compound or other science invention. Way to go, parents.

Imagination Studio (Deck 14 Forward)

Another kid area where they can be imaginative and stuff.

Voyagers (Deck 14 Forward)

Voyagers_zps25bdf6f3.png

For kids age 9 to 11.

Explorers (Deck 14 Forward)

Explorers_zps4aeb749e.png

An area for kids aged 6 to 8.

Aquanauts (Deck 14 Forward)

Aquanauts_zps2041242c.png

For kids who are age 3 to 5.

Entertainment

Now that you got rid of the kids, let's go have some fun!!

Aquatheater (Deck 6 Aft)

AquaTheater_zps74be654b.png

This is where they hold the water show and fountain shows.

Amber Theatre (Deck 4-5 Forward)

AmberTheater_zps7b45f820.png

Most of the major shows will be here.

Blaze (Deck 4 Port)

Blaze_zps97a50f24.png

The nightclub/disco.

Boleros (Deck 5 Starboard)

Boleros2_zps54b458b9.png

Salsa dancing every night, 'till the wee hours.

Carousel (Deck 6 Aft)

Carosel_zpsadf297e3.png

Speaks for itself.

Casino (Deck 4)

CasinoRoyale1_zps186775ef.pngCasionRoyale2_zps939976dd.png

Open only while in international waters, this is where you can play your favorite games of chance and wager money on them. If your particular game isn't here, I'm not sure what kind of gambling you're into...

HallofOdds_zpsa8c42cb3.png

Next to the Casino is the Hall of Odds, which is interesting. It gives different scenarios and asks what the chances are. Answers are provided.

Comedy Live (Deck 4 Starboard)

Stand-up comedy every night. On other ships, the comedy shows are a special event held only a few times.

Dazzles (Deck 8-9 Aft)

Dazzles1_zpsc80cb844.png

Dazzles2_zpsf6e6aaa1.png

A lounge which will hold various events throughout the day and dancing at night.

Jazz on 4 (Deck 4 Starboard)

Jazzon4_zpsa7bed8aa.png

For you jazz lovers out there.

On Air Club (Deck 5 Port)

OnAir_zpsa403efc7.pngKaraoke_zps35ccb50c.png

Karaoke anyone? Also doubles as a sports bar with sporting events on the televisions.

Studio B (Deck 4)

IceRink_zps3c22b80e.png

For the ice show. Of course they have an ice show. How can you have a cruise ship without an ice show??

The Rest

Card Room (Deck 14 Aft)

CardRoom_zpsaa0dce0c.png

Bridge and such. They have a few board games you can borrow, too. It also doubles as the computer room for those who didn’t purchase a wi-fi package (like me). I prefer to “unplug” on vacation.

Concierge Lounge (Deck 11 Aft)

ConciergeClub_zps9c399034.png

Private lounge for the 1% (full suites). I'm still with the 99% (says the man who will make Diamond+ at the end of this cruise)!

Conference Center (Deck 3)

ConferenceCenter_zps71904b5c.png

For those conferences on the high seas that are so popular these days...

Diamond Club (Deck 6 Starboard)

DiamondClub1_zps8619321a.pngDiamondClub2_zpsf25be41c.png

Loyalty has its perks. Open to all Diamond members and above, along with anyone who wanders in when the last person didn't fully close the locking gate...

Explorations! (Deck 5)

Explorations_zpsc41a8d0a.png

If you didn't already book your shore excursions online, you can book them here.

Focus (Deck 6 Starboard)

Focus1_zps4b9a9478.pngFocus2_zps9dcdbfb6.png

Where you'll find all those photos the professionals took of you.

Guest Services (Deck 5 Port)

GuestServices_zpsa9c0ec99.png

If you have an issue or problem, the folks here will do everything they can to fix it.

Library (Deck 11 Aft)

Library_zps70b663d4.png

Where you'll find books.

Next Cruise (Deck 6 Port)

NextCruise_zps17fa442a.png

Where you can book your next cruise.

Picture This (Deck 8 Port)

PictureThis_zps90741844.png

Professional portraits for when a selfie just won't cut it.

Pinnacle Chapel (Deck 17 Starboard)

PinnalceChapel2_zps48c3244c.png

PinnacleChapel1_zps5993cafb.png

PinnacleChapel3_zps5dfb1c35.png

Just in case you wanted the extra legal hassle of being married outside your country of origin. Seriously, this would be an awesome place to get married.

Pinnacle Lounge (Deck 17 Port)

PinnacleLounge1_zps84f7979e.png

PinnacleLounge2_zps1a8c25e7.png

A lounge for special occasions, like wedding receptions. By the way, this is how you photo bomb someone. Don't just walk through the picture. Stop and pose. Go Gators!

Royal Caribbean Online (Multiple Locations)

RoyalCaribbeanOnline_zpsdbd829de.png

Just type "www.royalcaribbean.com" into your browser and you’re there! On a more serious note, there are three locations that have computers you can use. Two are located on Decks 7 and 9 Forward, each with 6 computers and a printer. The third is in the Card Room on Deck 14 Aft – it has 9 computers and a printer. You have to purchase some form of internet package. For those just needing access to print airline boarding passes, there is a 15 minute package for $10. There are other internet and wi-fi packages available.

Neighborhoods

Boardwalk (Deck 6 Aft)

Boardwalk1_zps2c3979ef.png

Boardwalk2_zps4902a070.png

An outdoor area that is very similar to the famous beachside boardwalks (Coney Island, Jersey Shore, Atlantic City, etc.)

Central Park (Deck 8)

CentralPark1_zps9c3b551c.png

CentralPark2_zps68760eb0.png

CentralPark3_zpsfb3efcc2.png

CentralPark4_zps29b873dd.png

An outdoor park (no, really, this place is actually outside). This is why they cut the ship in half. Personally, I think it was worth it. One of my favorite places on board.

Royal Promenade (Deck 5)

RoyalePromenade1_zps0a2ea807.png

RoyalePromenade2_zps4288cee5.png