Allure B2B **Double** Trip Review 5/4/14 - 5/18/14 (lots o' pics)!!!

My first ever reading a tag team review and a great job by both of you. Kind of the WWE comes to Cruise Critic.

Along with Sailor Jack and one or two others, you are now listed on John Galt's "Watch List". It's similar to TSA's but with more competence and fewer strip searches.

As a long-time fan of your reviews, I am very flattered -- thank you. Although, in the interest of full disclosure, I lack the...er...silicone-based feminine enhancements that appear to be necessary for a woman to succeed in the WWE. Which may explain the lack of strip searches.;)

Fantastic review ..wonderful pictures .. and now i wait 2 years to sail Allure ..hehee but ill live it on this review ..

thank you !!

Thank you so much! I feel your pain -- it's a little less than a year until my Panama Canal cruise, and I can't wait. And no one seems to be doing any Panama Canal reviews to tide me over!:(

My first ever reading a tag team review and a great job by both of you. Kind of the WWE comes to Cruise Critic.

Along with Sailor Jack and one or two others, you are now listed on John Galt's "Watch List". It's similar to TSA's but with more competence and fewer strip searches.

I was thinking more like Siskel and Ebert, but WWE works too, I guess.:rolleyes:

No strip searches?!? Isn't the point of being on a watch list?:eek:

On a more serious note - thank you very much for the support.

Fantastic review ..wonderful pictures .. and now i wait 2 years to sail Allure ..hehee but ill live it on this review ..

thank you !!

You are most welcome and thank you for the very kind words.

No strip searches?!? Isn't the point of being on a watch list?

AZ, read carefully please, don't be like my "fan club".

I said FEWER strip searches. I left myself an out in case I'm ever aboard with Solstice or Sailor Jill. Despite the torches and pitchfork crowds' opinion, I'm not THAT stupid.

AZ, read carefully please, don't be like my "fan club".

I said FEWER strip searches. I left myself an out in case I'm ever aboard with Solstice or Sailor Jill. Despite the torches and pitchfork crowds' opinion, I'm not THAT stupid.

Fair point, Sir. And a wise choice, just in case!;)

Well I guess this is as good as place as any for my first post. Thank you for taking the time to write such a complete recap of your cruise. While I certainly won't be eating at most of the places that you ate and I don't care for wine, but I enjoyed reading about all the different places you experienced.

I showed my wife the thread and she went thru it in like an hour. I on the other hand read every word over 3 days:D. We sail on the Allure in Nov. and I will get a lot out of what you wrote, thanks again.

Well I guess this is as good as place as any for my first post. Thank you for taking the time to write such a complete recap of your cruise. While I certainly won't be eating at most of the places that you ate and I don't care for wine, but I enjoyed reading about all the different places you experienced.

I showed my wife the thread and she went thru it in like an hour. I on the other hand read every word over 3 days:D. We sail on the Allure in Nov. and I will get a lot out of what you wrote, thanks again.

Welcome to the boards (for real)!!! I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I tried to cover everything. But it is tough when I'm on vacation and I like what I like. There is probably a good 25%+ that I breezed over or didn't even mention - hanging with the piano guy at the Schooner Bar or having a pint at the Bow & Stern, for example. I didn't do those things, but they sure seemed popular, so must be fun.

You guys are quick. It took me more than two weeks to write this thing!:cool:

Thanks so much for the support, and enjoy your time on Allure!!

Thanks for reading, and for making us your first post! My hope in doing this review was to try to include "something for everyone" - some items that others might find interesting or entertaining - despite the fact that what I do on vacation may not be for everyone. I'm glad you found some stuff you enjoyed! Have a great time on Allure in November.

We hit the Champagne & Martini Bar for a Bombay Sapphire martini and Cosmopolitan. I’ve been a big fan of the Champagne bars from the first one I went to on the Monarch of the Seas back when she was the biggest thing afloat (she has not been decommissioned, but instead sent down to the minors with Pullmantur). Sadly, the one on Allure is slotted to be refit as an R Bar. Sigh.

What is a R Bar and do you know when this is happening because we are sailing in October and I really enjoyed the champagne bar on the freedom last time we were on her?

What is a R Bar and do you know when this is happening because we are sailing in October and I really enjoyed the champagne bar on the freedom last time we were on her?

R Bar (according to RCI's web site): A sophisticated new bar with a distinct retro glamour vibe, the R Bar serves up all the classics - martinis, gin, whiskeys and more - plus specialty drinks crafted by the resident mixologist.

According to the crew members I talked to, everything will be made from scratch (no mixers or syrups). They were less than thrilled about it. I'm guessing that's because drinks will take much longer to make (mixology != fast). Fewer drinks served per hour = fewer tips = sad crew.

As for when, it will be with the next dry dock and refit which I think is at the beginning of Allure's next stay in Europe (April to October 2015).

First I'd like to congratulate you guys on such a wonderful review. This tag team duo is an awesome idea and very creative. You guys have only push my expectations for my trip just that much more. Reading your review I picture myself smoking a monte cristo under the stars n sipping on a shot worth $150:eek: ( lol probably minus the $150 shot ). But overall I loved reading another wonderful review of Lady Allure. Your writing and photos really bring the ship to life.

I had a couple of questions for you both. To AZ, you wrote to be-careful when buying the cigars in the Caribbean with shops selling fakes, do you have any recommendations as to where to buy the best authentic cigars ( in the western ports)? Second is for both of you, after reading both of your conclusions, would you rank the speciality restaurants as (1) chefs table(2) 150 central(3) chops? I ask because on my trip I have the option of one speciality restaurant and wish to choose the one the will give me the best WOW experience.

Again thank you for such a wonderful review. I'm not such an expert on wines but the way you've described the pairing with the food makes my want to try it.

P.s. A b2b is now on my bucket list after reading the awesome experience you guys have. Another check RCL has to send you guys :D

First I'd like to congratulate you guys on such a wonderful review. This tag team duo is an awesome idea and very creative. You guys have only push my expectations for my trip just that much more. Reading your review I picture myself smoking a monte cristo under the stars n sipping on a shot worth $150:eek: ( lol probably minus the $150 shot ). But overall I loved reading another wonderful review of Lady Allure. Your writing and photos really bring the ship to life.

Thank you for the very kind words. I'm glad you've enjoyed it so much!! As for the cognac, it sounds bad when you put it that way. Think of it as drinking the finest for half price.;)

I had a couple of questions for you both. To AZ, you wrote to be-careful when buying the cigars in the Caribbean with shops selling fakes, do you have any recommendations as to where to buy the best authentic cigars ( in the western ports)?

There is a good shop inside the port area at Falmouth - can't remember the name, but you can't miss it if you walk around.

Second is for both of you, after reading both of your conclusions, would you rank the speciality restaurants as (1) chefs table(2) 150 central(3) chops? I ask because on my trip I have the option of one speciality restaurant and wish to choose the one the will give me the best WOW experience.

That's how I'd rank them. And if you can only do one, I'd do chef's table. But it really comes down to what WOWs you.

Again thank you for such a wonderful review. I'm not such an expert on wines but the way you've described the pairing with the food makes my want to try it.

If you are interested in wine/food pairing, chef's table is the way to go. I don't think of myself as an expert on wine. I just drink a lot of it and picked up a few things along the way.:cool:

P.s. A b2b is now on my bucket list after reading the awesome experience you guys have. Another check RCL has to send you guys :D

I'm heading down to my mailbox now (while holding my breath)...

Thanks again for taking the time to read the review.

Thank you very much - I'm very glad you enjoyed the review, and I'm also glad the tag team idea worked!

Second is for both of you, after reading both of your conclusions, would you rank the speciality restaurants as (1) chefs table(2) 150 central(3) chops? I ask because on my trip I have the option of one speciality restaurant and wish to choose the one the will give me the best WOW experience.

That is definitely how I would rank them. And, while it is a matter of personal taste, I do know that everyone we dined with at Chef's Table seemed thoroughly WOWed, both times. It really was fantastic.

Much as I hate to admit it, my better half is right, as usual: all that wine "expertise" just comes from drinking a heck of a lot of it!:D

That's it! I'm quitting work and I shall live off all the kickbacks that will surely arrive any day now...right?:rolleyes:

Fantastically written review! I really enjoyed the two person approach, it was great to see each of your perspectives on the different features of the Allure. Reading this is making the nearly 2 year wait until I sail on her much more difficult to bear!

Thank you so much! Sorry for making your wait worse. But look at it this way, now you'll know her like an old friend.:)

Fantastically written review! I really enjoyed the two person approach, it was great to see each of your perspectives on the different features of the Allure. Reading this is making the nearly 2 year wait until I sail on her much more difficult to bear!

Thanks! But don't think of it as nearly two years - "one year and less than 11 months" sounds much shorter! :D

The water taxi in Ft. Lauderdale is a great way to fill the time if you fly in the day before the cruise, too. The hop-on, hop-off feature makes it a great way to see the city without a car.

I completely agree. Being able to ride all day (and night) is a huge bonus. Our cab driver that morning told us about it. Just goes to show - listen to your cab drivers, people. They know what they're talking about (unless they don't).;)

The water taxi in Ft. Lauderdale is a great way to fill the time if you fly in the day before the cruise, too. The hop-on, hop-off feature makes it a great way to see the city without a car.

Absolutely! The water taxi was a great deal, and a lot more fun than I expected. Really glad we got a chance to do it.

Fantastic review! We don't sail on the Allure until Feb 2015, but this has been a great help to kickstart my planning! I'm sure I'll be referring back to this often! We're doing the Western itinerary, and I agree that it's the preferred in this case! Thanks for taking the time to put so many details in your review!