Golden Princess Mini Suite

meh56

I know that the Mini Suites on the Golden have 2 TV's. Does anyone know if you can use some sort of head set with the TV so one can listen to TV and the other person sleep or listen to a different station?

I know that the Mini Suites on the Golden have 2 TV's. Does anyone know if you can use some sort of head set with the TV so one can listen to TV and the other person sleep or listen to a different station?

im not too familiar with headsets and how they work. Does 1 part plug into the back of the TV that broadcasts to the headset? If so, there are several ports in the back (HDMI, composite, RCA, etc). If you do a search on here you will find pictures..

Keep in mind that ships' TVs are usually set to some sort of "hotel mode" that greatly limits what you can do with the TV (ie menus, settings, select inputs, etc.). So, while there may be a jack for something, the functionality may not be there.

This was very obvious on our last trip on the Sapphire with the new, larger TVs. One set was in hotel mode (always started on the same Princess channel, limited menus & settings, limited channels, etc). The other set wasn't in hotel mode (started on whatever channel was last viewed, all menus & settings accessible, all channels available(although empty), etc).

I miss being able to adjust the picture settings. IMHO, the pictures are usually lousy by default.

If there is a headset jack on the TV (which i think there is), you should have no problem using a headset...just make sure to bring an extension cord (headset extension that is). I'll be cruising next week and will try and let you know what I find on the Grand Princess. I'll be attempting the same thing.

I should mention that if you have a long enough cord on your headphones, you won't need the extension, but sitting on the couch or in bed could require an extension (male-female 3.5mm cord). Like this: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021808&p_id=649&seq=1&format=2

Edited by jbobst