Limo companies - any honest ones?

Bruin Steve

Coolride will give you a quote based on distance (I'm not sure if they use time of day as a variable' date=' though). We used them back in 2005/06 for getting from the north Valley to the port and the pick up back to the Valley two weeks later.[/quote']

So without doing research now on them, do you think they'd be a good option for the Calabasas/Agoura area? I don't mind paying a fair price but $350 to go one way for 4 people is a bit much. That's what I was finding for LAX because of the luggage issue. We can take you --- but seriously you want to take luggage to the airport. Well, umm, ya, we do. Well, you'll need a second limo just for that. Okay. Sure. I'll call someone else. The limos I found actually wanted to charge me more for the transfer then my airline tickets.

So without doing research now on them, do you think they'd be a good option for the Calabasas/Agoura area? I don't mind paying a fair price but $350 to go one way for 4 people is a bit much. That's what I was finding for LAX because of the luggage issue. We can take you --- but seriously you want to take luggage to the airport. Well, umm, ya, we do. Well, you'll need a second limo just for that. Okay. Sure. I'll call someone else. The limos I found actually wanted to charge me more for the transfer then my airline tickets.

Limos may be great for taking a bunch of high school kids to the prom...but they don't work all that well for taking 4+ people to a vacation...Problem is that a limo is just an ordinary luxury car with the passenger compartment stretched to fit more people... But, although they stretch the passenger compartment, the trunk is still a normal-sized trunk...so, you have a car with seats for 6 or 8 or 10 with a trunk big enough for maybe 2 or 3 suitcases...

For a large party, it usually works better to hire a van or mini-bus with a larger luggage compartment...

For two people, a limo or town car works fine, but the pricing ends up a lot more per person...

Edited by Bruin Steve

Ya, when we had around 22 people going we had them meet up in three locations. I hired a bus. It was great. We had 54 seats to stretch out in and all the luggage fit. We did the three pick ups and drop offs so nobody had to drive too far. It ended up costing us around $23 a person each way. Getting off the plane was just as fun. We walked outside and right onto our bus. The funniest part was there was a woman arguing with the driver that she WILL get on that bus. He continued to explain to her that the bus was a charter. Then he ignored her and put our stuff on.

What I did for my last cruise (there was no way all of our luggage for a two-week cruise would fit in our small trunk) was to write up the estimated number of suitcases (two), plastic bins (for wine, sodas, etc. in one and hubby's music stand, music, misc. stuff in the other), guitar case, three carry ons, a backpack...and number of passengers (3) and pick up and drop off zip codes, time of day desired and dates and sent this info to the various transportation companies. Many answered back with a quote within a day or two. And I made a spreadsheet with that info as well as cancellation policies, etc. gleamed from their websites.

The recommended vehicles were minivans and similar sized vehicles and none were throwing in an extra fee based on time -- if they charged this, it was include in the quote as part of the fare.

But I can't say what would work for Agoura, Calabasas, etc. We were coming from the North Valley, about 50 miles from the port.