Belize excursion

MasonsMom

We have decided what we want to do in Belize. We want to go to Hol Chan, Shark Ray alley and Caye Caulker. I don't fly. So who do I book this with and also is the most cost effective to do this. There are 3 of us and 75 each plus trip is max. Ideas ?

Just DO NOT use Coral Breeze. Their ship has sunk. The cheapest way to Caulkner is the water taxi and then a private snorkel tour from there, a 4 minute boat ride to shark ray alley..Carnival wants like $109 PP, too much..Check ecotours Belize otherwise..

Thanks txsail for your reply. That seems to be a trend--don't use coral breeze. On ecotours they have a shark ray plus caye caulker for $60 would we be better off skipping the sharks and just do their goff caye for $49? I don't know why I am having such a hard time with belize.

Masonsmom, I'm in the same shape. We want to do the Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan and Caye Caulker --- but I'm so afraid of missing the last tender back to our ship. I don't want to be stressed the whole time! :) I've looked at ecotoursbelize and seaducedbybelize --- both are dot com. I had also thought about just doing Goffs, but my husband really wants to do the other --- what a dilemma!:eek:

GoLC--does seaduced take cruise ship passengers? I sent them an email but since it is a holiday weekend I doubt they answer til Tuesday. It's more important for hubby to see pretty fish and coral than to see the sharks. (Already did rays in cayman). We are doing a beach day in coz so I don't want just another beach day in belize which is why I am hesitant of goffs.

GoLC--does seaduced take cruise ship passengers? I sent them an email but since it is a holiday weekend I doubt they answer til Tuesday. It's more important for hubby to see pretty fish and coral than to see the sharks. (Already did rays in cayman). We are doing a beach day in coz so I don't want just another beach day in belize which is why I am hesitant of goffs.

We are doing a beach day in Cozumel, also -- Sanchos, which I love. So I'm pretty much committed to Belize being great snorkeling. I have emailed seaduced as well, but no response yet. May try again on Tuesday. I THINK I found seaduced on tripadvisor; so I'm not 100% sure they take cruisers, but I would think they would!

Edited by goLC
adding info

I am in the same boat :p I emailed Eco tours and was told they have to have 15 people to have the excursion go out. I emailed Seaduced through their website a week ago and never heard back, not a good sign:(

We did a private least week with Ivar Marchand. Best excursion of the whole trip. He met us just outside the terminal, short walk to waiting boat. Then boat ride to shark ray alley. Full of stingrays and saw some sharks too. The stingray were as friendly as when we went to stingray city last sept. They brushed up beside us and swam into our arms. After this we went to the reef and Ivar guided us through the coral. It was the best snorkeling we have ever experienced. After this headed to caye caulker for lunch at a restaurant there. Fabulous food! After this we walked around some and then they took us back to port. We had an hour before the last tender. It was $450 for all 5 of us and well worth it. Ivar furnished water, sodas and a cocunut, pineapple rum drink along with salsa and chips. Perfect day.

Highly recommend Ivar!!!!!!!

I think we have found our excursion. It's thru belize exotic adventures and they go to shark ray and caye caulker and to coral gardens. It's $70. Has anyone ever done this tour or used this tour company?

I think we have found our excursion. It's thru belize exotic adventures and they go to shark ray and caye caulker and to coral gardens. It's $70. Has anyone ever done this tour or used this tour company?

I am looking also for this excursion. I just read the Trip Advisor reviews. There are a couple of reviews for the shark and ray that are very good. The other reviews are also very good. Looks like this may be the one for us also, thank you :D When are you going?:D

Hey reno3. We are going over spring break --march 12 (yes we are planning way early). When are you going? We are going on the Dream. Have you emailed them? I emailed them yesterday and haven't heard back from them yet.

Hey reno3. We are going over spring break --march 12 (yes we are planning way early). When are you going? We are going on the Dream. Have you emailed them? I emailed them yesterday and haven't heard back from them yet.

We are going Christmas week. I have not emailed them as of yet. Have you heard back from them yet?

Yes and we a booked! They don't need a deposit. They seemed really nice on all our communications. I am really excited for this tour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to hear, thanks :D I will probably email them soon. Since I go before you I hope to come back with a great review :D

Edited by reno3

To really do Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley you have to fly to San Pedro. The tours that do Cay Caulker do provide a shark and ray experience, but it's not really Shark Ray Alley... In Belize the best trips are more money, but don't make the mistake I did when I booked with shore excursioneer and ended up with Splashwave Tours.

I hope you both bring back great reviews for me, as after reading this post and a few of the ones on tripadvisor I booked as well. We are on the Vision of the Seas in January and my boyfriend has never done anything "adventurous" like this. Super excited! Let me know how your tours go!