paying for on board expenses.....

kely53

I have always just used a credit card for all on board passages. I know that you have to give them a valid credit card, but I think I read somewhere you can put cash in an account on board and draw from that also? I also think you can pay with cash at the end of the cruise instead of using your credit card? Thanks for any info you have!!

Karen

As long as you use a credit card to secure your on board account, you can pay it off with cash even on a daily basis. Actually, I am pretty certain you can also just set up a cash account when boarding, starting with a certain $ amount, and adding as needed.

Debbie

Last month I booked my cruise with RCCL over the phone. I asked the RCCL agent how I could put money into an account for myself before I board.

She told me to call the number below, which has something to do with the gift department, and that whatever amount I wanted to put into an account, would work like ship credit.

1-800-722-5443

cpa2be

I have not used a debit card myself, however I have seen it mentioned on these boards many times. The one thing I would warn you about, however, is that many people have mentioned that the cruise line puts a hold on your card for a certain amount at the beginning of the cruise. This seems to have caused problems with a "credit limit" or daily charge limit for some of the people who use this option.

I've used a debit card on the last 2 cruises. They use it just like a credit card and just charge you at the end. I'm sure they take some type of approval to make sure that there is money in there but I believe they do that with credit cards as well.

Archived