Staterooms for 5 on either ship?

ddcruiser

Is there any difference in size of 5 person staterooms between Wonder or Dream? Both our daughters have 3 children and I want everyone to be comfortable.

Also, would it make sense price-wise to book one 7 person stateroom for one family and us and one 5 person stateroom? I'm thinking of getting each family a 5 person stateroom and a smaller room for the two of us (my husband and I).

Thanks,

Ddcruiser

Other than the suites on both ships, the only rooms that sleep 5 are the Cat 8 on the Dream (oceanview-no balcony) and it's 241 sq feet.

On the Wonder, a Cat 4 sleeps 5 people, with balcony, it's 304 sq feet.

Because the round shower (on the Dream) takes up more space than the regular shower/tub in the split bath on the Wonder, you'll have a more space in those rooms than you would on the Dream.

You probably already know that you could only do the 7 person plus the 5 person on the Wonder. The only things that I see as being a potential problem there are having a bit less privacy, and having 7 people being treated to concierge services and the other 5 not. Sometimes, but you can't count on it, if a family is cruising concierge along with other family members who aren't, they will include them in some of their services. But, as I said, you can't count on that.

Other than the suites on both ships, the only rooms that sleep 5 are the Cat 8 on the Dream (oceanview-no balcony) and it's 241 sq feet.

On the Wonder, a Cat 4 sleeps 5 people, with balcony, it's 304 sq feet.

Because the round shower (on the Dream) takes up more space than the regular shower/tub in the split bath on the Wonder, you'll have a more space in those rooms than you would on the Dream.

You probably already know that you could only do the 7 person plus the 5 person on the Wonder. The only things that I see as being a potential problem there are having a bit less privacy, and having 7 people being treated to concierge services and the other 5 not. Sometimes, but you can't count on it, if a family is cruising concierge along with other family members who aren't, they will include them in some of their services. But, as I said, you can't count on that.

There are staterooms with verandas on the dream that sleep 5. They are the category 4 rooms. They are 299 square feet including veranda. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/staterooms/dream-fantasy/deluxe-family-oceanview-stateroom-with-verandah/ There are also the deluxe family ocean view rooms without veranda. We slept 5 in one of those on the Fantasy and it was fine. My kids are 9, 6, and 4. They put the beds up during the day, which leaves a lot more space.

The category 4 rooms on the wonder are 304 square feet including veranda, for comparison http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/staterooms/magic-wonder/deluxe-family-oceanview-stateroom-with-verandah/. You could also do 2 connecting interior rooms, sometimes that is cheaper, sometimes not. Personally, I'd rather be crammed in one room and have an outside view. :)

Edited by DahliaRW

If you are talking about 3 adult couples, some with kids, you want 3 queen beds, IMO. So I concur with your plan on three cabins. If you are considering suites on the Magic or Wonder for the family with kids, book the midship cat T's, as they have the 5th passenger wall pull down bed in the lvrm, keeping the separate bedroom for the adults. The other cat T cabins have the wall murphy in the bedroom.

On the Dream and Fantasy you could book connecting Cat T and V, then another V for you all. Or if you want to not spend a fortune on suites, get two cat 4d's on deck 6 for the families, and an adjoining cat 5d for you two.

These deckplans rock FWIW, IMO; room description next to plans. :)http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Disney%20Fantasy

Also price out 2 connecting category 11-4e, whatever cat, for each family. Sometimes it is less $$ for two cabins for 5, as those 5 pax cabin tend to be pricey, and demand a premium on some sailings. Also you get more space, more TVs, more bathrooms, more storage, etc.

Price it out. So you could end up with two connecting cat 5a - 7a, for each family, and one for yourself too. Ironically at times, that may costs less than 2 4d's and one cat 7a for yourselves.

The Magic and Wonder, as PP indicated, have 4 suites aboard that can handle 7 pax, but ..... only one queen bed in each. 2 cat R's and 2 cat S's.

Good Luck

HTH

There are staterooms with verandas on the dream that sleep 5. They are the category 4 rooms. They are 299 square feet including veranda. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/staterooms/dream-fantasy/deluxe-family-oceanview-stateroom-with-verandah/ There are also the deluxe family ocean view rooms without veranda. We slept 5 in one of those on the Fantasy and it was fine. My kids are 9, 6, and 4. They put the beds up during the day, which leaves a lot more space.

The category 4 rooms on the wonder are 304 square feet including veranda, for comparison http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/staterooms/magic-wonder/deluxe-family-oceanview-stateroom-with-verandah/. You could also do 2 connecting interior rooms, sometimes that is cheaper, sometimes not. Personally, I'd rather be crammed in one room and have an outside view. :)

Yep...I missed the Cat 4's. But the staterooms on the Wonder are still larger, regardless.

Edited by MizDaisy

We have done 3 adults and 2 (13 year old) girls in a Cat. 4; family veranda on the Dream. It was really enough room for 4 without pulling down the berth; if you have small children, one cabin would be good. We also had connecting cabins, so it was easy to have enough space.

Sent from my iPad using Forums