length of tours

margincall

We will be in St Lucia arriving 9 am in the morning. we want to take a land tour that takes us to see the Piton(not hike them),but they all seem to be 6 1/2 to 7 hours.Do not want to spend for private tour and wanted advice on what recommended companies have tours that are about 5 to 5 1/2 hours at most .

We will be on Norwegian and had looked a month ago at the ships tours and saw one that was actually cheaper than the private tour that was 5 1/2 hours,but all of a sudden from 31 excursions that showed on their website a month ago there are only 7 now.and thats not after i logged in-this is for general public.

ok i will stop rambling now

We will be in St Lucia arriving 9 am in the morning. we want to take a land tour that takes us to see the Piton(not hike them),but they all seem to be 6 1/2 to 7 hours.Do not want to spend for private tour and wanted advice on what recommended companies have tours that are about 5 to 5 1/2 hours at most .

We will be on Norwegian and had looked a month ago at the ships tours and saw one that was actually cheaper than the private tour that was 5 1/2 hours,but all of a sudden from 31 excursions that showed on their website a month ago there are only 7 now.and thats not after i logged in-this is for general public.

ok i will stop rambling now

They are so long due to how far it is to get there and there are various stops along the way. Very pretty drive. I would not go that far on a non ship excursion, people do it all the time and it works out fine for them. I am just paranoid. We did one land and sea type one that got back late, the ship waited for us.

i am paranoid myself but we actually booked one that we don't have to pay until we get there with real st lucia tours that have gotten very good reviews on tripadvisor

and it will be a private tour that will be about 5 1/2 hours

i figure if we leave half hour after docking that still gets us back to the ship 4 hours in advance of leaving which reduces my paranoia

i am paranoid myself but we actually booked one that we don't have to pay until we get there with real st lucia tours that have gotten very good reviews on tripadvisor

i figure if we leave half hour after docking that still gets us back to the ship 4 hours in advance of leaving which reduces my paranoia

Yeah, you should be fine with that time cushion. Ours was scheduled to get back a half hour before the ship left and didn't make it. I don't mind cutting it close like that on a ship tour, we were also late on a ship tour in Dominica. :D

We just returned from St Lucia and took a tour of the rain forest and Tet Paul with the owner John Nestor. i highly recommend him as you can make the tour anyway you want it. As an advantage, he designed Tet Paul and is great!!

• 2 weeks later...

We just used Real St. Lucia tours while on Jewel of the Seas and it was PERFECT!! Have no worries we made it back to the ship in plenty of time. The warm mineral baths were amazing. One of the best excursions we've ever done!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by buckeyemommy16