Ideas for Sunday in Tahiti and a beach day in Bora Bora

sammyboots

I wondered if anyone could suggest ideas for a Sunday in Tahiti please? I had planned to do a tour with Patrick but we were late booking as we were waiting to see if our friends were coming along with us...they've unfortunately had to cancel their cruise, and Patrick's tours are now full.

I'm wondering about hiring a car and driving ourselves (is there car hire on Sundays?) or any other ideas would be most welcome.

We also have a day in Bora Bora and are considering a day pass to a hotel where we could snorkel, use the pool etc. Has anyone any recommendations please and thank you. :)

I wondered if anyone could suggest ideas for a Sunday in Tahiti please? I had planned to do a tour with Patrick but we were late booking as we were waiting to see if our friends were coming along with us...they've unfortunately had to cancel their cruise, and Patrick's tours are now full.

I'm wondering about hiring a car and driving ourselves (is there car hire on Sundays?) or any other ideas would be most welcome.

We also have a day in Bora Bora and are considering a day pass to a hotel where we could snorkel, use the pool etc. Has anyone any recommendations please and thank you. :)

Most things are closed up on Sundays. A good choice is to go to church. The singing in their native tongue is beautiful. If you rent a car and they are available, remember, most things are closed but you still could circle the island and enjoy the views.

On Bora Bora some of the hotels offer day use for a fee. The Hilton is the easiest to use as the pickup location for their boat shuttle is the same location as the tender drop off location. Figure about $100 USD PP but that will include lunch/drink. They have a nice resort, good snorkeling around rooms 318-325. Nice pool with hammocks tied between palm trees over looking the reef in the distance.

Took this picture a few years ago during day use. Notice the edge of the pool, the hammock and the distant breaking reef ........ beautiful

hammocknexttoinfinitypool_zps0b4cf11f.jpg

The Le Moana IC also has day use for about the same price which gives you a lunch/drink credit.

I have just booked a cruise for 2016 (I know it is a long way off) and I really really wanted to do Patricks 3/4 day lagoon tour with lunch as I have done it before and just loved it but I have noticed that my ship arrives at 7:00am but leaves at 2:00pm. This seems a waste of a day for me but does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? I was thinking if the 3/4 day lagoon tour is out of the question I could go to Bloody Marys for a bit but am then at a lost. Any ideas would be great!

Chez

I have just booked a cruise for 2016 (I know it is a long way off) and I really really wanted to do Patricks 3/4 day lagoon tour with lunch as I have done it before and just loved it but I have noticed that my ship arrives at 7:00am but leaves at 2:00pm. This seems a waste of a day for me but does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? I was thinking if the 3/4 day lagoon tour is out of the question I could go to Bloody Marys for a bit but am then at a lost. Any ideas would be great!

Chez

Tiki to the rescue ............

Reserve with Christopher. 4 hour tour 8 - 12

http://www.reefdiscovery.pf/us/index.html - Very personal, will hold your hand. Fast sleek covered boats, good snorkel locations, no BBQ.

Best tours & things to do on Bora Bora

http://idx-images.cisdata.net/acnt/images/708/AR408708/file_manager/Best_tours_&_things_to_do_on_Bora_Bora.pdf

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Tiki to the rescue ............

Reserve with Christopher. 4 hour tour 8 - 12

http://www.reefdiscovery.pf/us/index.html - Very personal, will hold your hand. Fast sleek covered boats, good snorkel locations, no BBQ.

Best tours & things to do on Bora Bora

http://idx-images.cisdata.net/acnt/images/708/AR408708/file_manager/Best_tours_&_things_to_do_on_Bora_Bora.pdf

thanks so much Tiki. I knew you would be my savour. At least I have a while before I decide.

Chez

Most things are closed up on Sundays. A good choice is to go to church. The singing in their native tongue is beautiful. If you rent a car and they are available, remember, most things are closed but you still could circle the island and enjoy the views.

On Bora Bora some of the hotels offer day use for a fee. The Hilton is the easiest to use as the pickup location for their boat shuttle is the same location as the tender drop off location. Figure about $100 USD PP but that will include lunch/drink. They have a nice resort, good snorkeling around rooms 318-325. Nice pool with hammocks tied between palm trees over looking the reef in the distance.

Took this picture a few years ago during day use. Notice the edge of the pool, the hammock and the distant breaking reef ........ beautiful

hammocknexttoinfinitypool_zps0b4cf11f.jpg

The Le Moana IC also has day use for about the same price which gives you a lunch/drink credit.

Thank you so much for your reply, much appreciated. :-)

Chez

A Jet ski tour is fun, a nice way to see BoraBora