Non-drinking Princess cruiser considers Celebrity

Loreni

There are a few reasons we have not tried Celebrity yet. The 123Go/pick your perk promotions are one of the reasons. We do not drink and do not want to indirectly subsidize the drinking of others. Is there a way to book without these promotions and just get a lower cruise fare instead. If so, how?

I should mention that we also do not drink juice, soda, or coffee. So the drink package is really of no value to us.

I am a tad lost? We sailed the Ruby Princess in Nov 2012. They had beverage packages, coffee cards, and we were allowed to carry on as much wine, beer, water, and soda that were could put luggage tags on. What is the difference? That cruise cost us a lot more than our Reflection sailing last Nov and just a bit less than our 11 day cruise this year. There were more noticably surley drunks on the Ruby than we have seen on Celebrity.

We all subsidize the ________ of others in one way or the other

There are a few reasons we have not tried Celebrity yet. The 123Go/pick your perk promotions are one of the reasons. We do not drink and do not want to indirectly subsidize the drinking of others. Is there a way to book without these promotions and just get a lower cruise fare instead. If so, how?

I should mention that we also do not drink juice, soda, or coffee. So the drink package is really of no value to us.

Loreni: While beverage packages may be offered as a promo, I just wanted to comment that we've never seen numbers of drunk offensive passengers on Celebrity ships. As long as you avoid short Caribbean cruises during spring break you are not going to experience an "Animal House" atmosphere on a Celebrity ship.

Thank you all for your replies. So one option is to book after final payment. Another option is to book when the promotion is not running. So are these prices often less than when the promotion is running?

Our Nov cruise was running $710 pp higher without any perk!:eek: than when we booked last Jan. With the return of 123 it is now $780 pp higher for a GTY:eek:

Your only option to avoid all of this is, well you know. Not trying to be tart nor smart, but as of now I know of no cruise line that does not serve beer, wine, juice, soda, or coffee. Let alone no liquor.