Freedom Eastern Review May 18-25. Baby's first cruise!!

P5210441_zps0c1c99d4.jpg

first overlook (there were items for sale and drinks by local vendors here)

P5210483_zps0e0517a5.jpg

P5210485_zpsb125bf60.jpg

behind the rum store

We then made our way to another overlook and took some pics. Sunny gave us the choice of Meghan’s Bay or Coki. He said Meghan’s was $4 a person to get in. Everyone chose Meghan’s. We were fine with wherever we just wanted beach! We got to Meghan’s and were starving so like everyone else it seemed we headed to the bar area. The prices were a little much for us so we just bought 2 slices of pizza and a can of pringles plus we didn’t want to wait for our food to have to be cooked (the pizza was already done). They had burgers, fries, hot dogs, salads, pizzas by the slice or pie. We ate and bypassed renting chairs. I don’t know exactly how much they were but it looked like you had to pay a deposit and a rental fee. We just weren’t into that since we only had about 90 minutes there. We put our stuff down and got in the water.

P5210505_zps755c22ac.jpg

P5210509_zps07e8160c.jpg

P5210542_zpsab5f2e93.jpg

After Meghan’s Sunny gave us the option of dropping us off at Coki Beach, or the ship. We asked him if he could take us to downtown and he said yes. We dropped a few people out at the next beach and headed toward the ship. He dropped everyone off at their ships. Once everyone got off we were the only 2 left…the music was still on (we could have done without it).

P5210547_zpseb5b8c6d.jpg

resort by the Coki beach

We got to downtown about 3:30 like we said. Our sales lady was nowhere to be found. No one else seemed like they wanted to assist us. Finally she came out. She said we were going to deliver your rings to the ship. I was not very happy at this point. We told her we would be back to not deliver them!!!! She was able to get them though after it seemed like she was not going to. Finally I have a wedding band now people can stop asking me when I am getting married or if I’m engaged!! We still had 2 hours before we had to be back onboard. There were plenty of people asking if we needed rides back so no worries about finding a taxi!

We did see people walking I think it is a couple of miles maybe back to the ship? By this time I can start to tell I had been sunburnt! What was I thinking not to wear sunscreen? I packed a boatload of it! Oh 1 hour in the water no big deal….pssh I was soo sore the rest of the trip! My husband was trying to stall getting back to the ship so when we got to the dock I said do you want to go to Senior Frogs? They had a pool outside that looked nice. We walked up and it was loud with people still having fun in there. He said I thought it was a shopping area not a bar!!! Where have you been babe?? Only like every island we stop at has a Senior Frogs!!!

P5210587_zpsb35d6362.jpg

ships still docked on our way back from downtown

So we made our way back to the ship and picked up Levi. The nursery staff were so sweet. We could see Levi playing in there before we opened the door. Levi did not want us to pick him up, but we had to they were already booked for the rest of the night. We gathered the stroller and diaper bag and went back to the room at get ready. I had made reservations for dinner at about 5:30 every night except when we were in port in St. Thomas. I like to watch us pull out so I set those times usually about 30 min after we leave. Well tonight we were hungry at 5:30 we decided to go to dinner early. It was fine they actually sat us at the same table every night. It worked out better that we went early because the family beside us would usually come in around 6 or so and we would already we halfway done. So if Levi was upset we wouldn’t be ruining their dinner. We watched sailaway from our dinner table. After dinner we went to the showtime (the only show we watched live) it was Drew Thomas from America’s Got Talent. I could tell Danny didn’t really want to go but we both enjoyed it. Levi woke up about half way through and enjoyed it too. We made it to our room and found a towel animal! (the only one for the entire trip).

P5210609_zpsf71dd1cb.jpg

P5210615_zps0eb2dc5e.jpg

P5210616_zps6cfc079e.jpg

good bye St Thomas

P5210620_zps1c59cdfb.jpg

Side note: A couple of nights we just told our stateroom attendant it was okay for the room not to be turned down just to give us the papers. But there were times we would put out the card for him to come in and we would come back from dinner or breakfast and it wasn’t done or he was in the middle of doing it. The first night my husband asked if we could have ice it took a while for the ice to come. My husband also wanted a pillow for Levi and at first he wouldn’t give us one because of it being a liability so my husband said it was for him and then he gave it to us. All of the stateroom attendants working the hall were super friendly to Levi and us and would always so hi when we walked by. We were so tired from the sun that we decided another early night was in store so off to bed we went.

Side note: I purchased to soda package. I loved the convenience of the freestyle machines. No more going up to the bars asking for just a soda. Plus they tasted better than the bar soda. The last day I asked for a coke at breakfast it was horrible too much syrup I think and not enough carbonation. So at dinner when she put my coke down it looked dark just like the one at breakfast. Yep same nastiness! Didn’t drink that. The other nights it was okay. While I just drank coke or cherry coke I did see several people doing the flavored water also the Pibb products were a big hit. The first machine we used was in the arcade and they were out of everything except the diet/zero products so I had to settle for a cherry coke zero. The last day I did notice one of the other machines out of Pibb. When I would put my cup up there it would say unlimited refills until 6/1/14. I wonder if they will eventually fix this. If you go on a b2b do you need to buy 2 packages??

Next up St. Martin