Best Path to Alaska/Canada?

I've been waiting some-what-patiently for Aug 2015 fares from Carnival for Alaska/Canada. There's one up now, but I'm disappointed. I live in Seattle, so that's easy, but looks like better itineraries on other lines and leaving from Vancouver. Anyone who's done both departure ports that can shed some light?:confused:

I'm sure I'll only get my wife to cruise north once!! Help! ;)

There are 2 main itineraries...usually one will do Seattle round trip with a call to Tracy Arm fjord to see the glaciers...the other will go to Glacier Bay where there are more glaciers to see (not sure, haven't been there yet).

From what I've seen, the one that do Glacier Bay typically are 1 way Seattle to Anchorage...although I have seen some that will do G-B in a round trip...I think that was CCL on the early trips.

We've done the Seattle round trip to Tracy Arm. It was spectacular. Now we want to do Glacier Bay one day. Maybe this summer if I can get a great last minute deal !

:D

We love leaving from Vancouver. The ships departing from there cruise through Canada's Inside Passage; the ships leaving from Seattle mostly cruise outside Vancouver Island.

Some of the ships leaving Vancouver do one-way cruises, north from Vancouver to Seward (or Whittier) or vice versa, or you can book both ways and cruise 14 days.

If you think you'll never get back to Alaska, I would be sure to book a ship that does Glacier Bay. If you cannot do a cruise that goes to Glacier Bay, then do an excursion out of Juneau that takes you much closer to Sawyer Glacier than your ship will.

I've been waiting some-what-patiently for Aug 2015 fares from Carnival for Alaska/Canada. There's one up now, but I'm disappointed. I live in Seattle, so that's easy, but looks like better itineraries on other lines and leaving from Vancouver. Anyone who's done both departure ports that can shed some light?:confused:

I'm sure I'll only get my wife to cruise north once!! Help! ;)

Another thing to consider is the R/T cruises from Seattle will need to make at least one call at a Canadian port. Generally they call at Victoria. For someone from Seattle, this may not be a good use of a port day (I love Victoria, but from Seattle it's better to visit by ferry, rather than by cruise ship).