Does Verizon or T mobile work on ship?

They work, but using the Celular at Sea Network. international roaming charges will apply. Check with your provider as charges will vary based on provider and plan. It's usually $2-$3/minute and can be up to $1 per text.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

keep in mind that if you are set up on facebook, twitter, or instagram, where it sends you a message on your phone each time someone sends you something to one of those places it will be an incoming text. over a weeks time it could add up fast.

I basically just want to reach my teenage son who will be on board to check in with him via text ..do these carriers work ? Thx

I used my phone (TMobile) on the Breeze in March 2014. Yes, it does work, but sometimes/someplaces signal strength was not that great.

If you have TMobiles Simple Choice plan w/ unlimited texting, texting between TMobile devices based in the U.S. is free. Otherwise it will be .20 cents per incoming text.

I actually texted with relatives back home and had no issues.

You can find this information on their website, by location and/or ship.

what do othets do for communication ? !

Same thing we did before cellphones. We don't communicate electronically! :)

We tried the walkie talkies and they were a waste of money and time. Basically we tell each other where we will be and what time we'll be back, and we leave notes in the cabin if that information changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Both will work on the ship. If you have Verizon the text rate will be .50 cents for each outgoing text and .05 cents for each incoming text. So, if you send a "Where are you?" text and the response is: "At the pool.", that will be a total of $1.10.

Voice rate is $2.49/minute.

If you wish to use data. (Internet access) I would strongly suggest purchasing a Global Data plan. You will receive 100MB of data for $25/month. If you exceed the 100MB another 100MB will be added for an additional $25. This may sound expensive but if you don't have this plan and use the Internet for, even quick browsing, you will be looking at a bill in the hundreds of dollars. You can take this feature off your plan when you get home.

I suggest having set meeting times and use good old Post-It notes in the cabin. However, it is your money and you can spend it how you wish.

Take care,

Mike

Edited by MMastell