How is the crossing from Los Angeles?

Dandylyon

Hello all.

We have booked Celebrity Summit for 12/23/06, which departs from Los Angeles.

Does anyone have any feedback about how the crossing is? We have four sea days on the way to Hawaii, and three on the way back. So far, we have only done two cruises to Alaska, one crossing the Gulf of Alaska, which is the closest we have gotten to open sea.

I take my trusty Bonine and have really enjoyed the motion on the ship (so far), but my husband gets a tad queasy even with the Bonine.

Thanks for your input.

I did this crossing on the Island Princess in late April, so I don't know if the weather factors in. There was a little motion noticed on the first day out, we liked it, but are used to sail boats! The rest of the crossing was very smooth seas. It is chilly the first day out and the last day back, but once you get closer to Hawaii it warms up nicely. I loved those sea days, very relaxing!!

I will second the above posting. We also were on the Island Princess in October 2004 and the crossing and return were both smooth sailing. We spent a lot of time on our balcony on both the to and the from segments.

Have a great next cruise.

Hello wwinfl91- What was the temperature at sea when you went across in October? We are going over in September coming back the beginning of October. We have done this cruise before in the fall and as I remember that most of the time the weather was quite mild -- only a few chilly days. Is that about what you experienced?

I don't know for sure what the sea temperatures were but the outside deck and balcony temperatures were in the 70's while we were at sea and in the 80's when we were around the islands. We left from LA and returned to LA which meant we stayed pretty south of some of the Northern routes some of the ships take.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived