Should I cancel my FTTF?

We had a suite and still bought FTTF. With a suite you get priority boarding. That's it. FTTF gets priority boarding and debarking, priority tendering, your room is ready when you board, and luggage is delivered earlier. Those are the highlights and for me it was worth the room being ready alone. The priority debarking was also awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You get priority debarkation with a suite.

This is so. Are you "tendering" at any ports? Does having your room ready when you board and your suitcases delivered earlier do anything for you. Not sure about being able to use the Platinum line at GS is beneficial with the new kiosks available. Just some things to think about.

We had a suite and purchased FTTF also as we wanted to be able to go to our cabin and to get our luggage early. We sailed to Hawaii out of Long a Beach and we did not get on the ship until after 1:30, we did get to go directly to our cabin but did not get our luggage until after 7:00 p.m. And we had reservations in the Steakhouse for 6:30 so we wore what we got on the ship in. We were not happy with thus at all. Might of just been the Long Beach port because we have always been on the ship way before noon on every other cruise but they were out of Florida. Just did not see the cost of FTTF being worth it in our case as we had priority boarding with our suite.

We had a suite and purchased FTTF also as we wanted to be able to go to our cabin and to get our luggage early. We sailed to Hawaii out of Long a Beach and we did not get on the ship until after 1:30, we did get to go directly to our cabin but did not get our luggage until after 7:00 p.m. And we had reservations in the Steakhouse for 6:30 so we wore what we got on the ship in. We were not happy with thus at all. Might of just been the Long Beach port because we have always been on the ship way before noon on every other cruise but they were out of Florida. Just did not see the cost of FTTF being worth it in our case as we had priority boarding with our suite.

Did the porters orange tag your bags? Did you let Guest Relations know you did not receive your luggage until after 7:00? Did you let them know it had an impact on your dining experience? It seems you are very upset your luggage arrived late, but if you didn't provide feedback on the ship, what good does it do?

Did the porters orange tag your bags? Did you let Guest Relations know you did not receive your luggage until after 7:00? Did you let them know it had an impact on your dining experience? It seems you are very upset your luggage arrived late, but if you didn't provide feedback on the ship, what good does it do?

I agree with you but it is a Carnival "paid for service" and it should not be the FTTF purchasers job to make sure luggage priority stickers are put on luggage at port by a porter! The luggage tags say FTTF and although porter may be at fault for not looking properly and prioritizing it ultimately becomes Carnivals fault it did not arrive on time, orange sticker or not:)

I agree with you but it is a Carnival "paid for service" and it should not be the FTTF purchasers job to make sure luggage priority stickers are put on luggage at port by a porter! The luggage tags say FTTF and although porter may be at fault for not looking properly and prioritizing it ultimately becomes Carnivals fault it did not arrive on time, orange sticker or not:)

Although this is true, if there is no orange sticker, the problem was initiated by the operating participant. It then became Carnival's problem because of an incompetent third party associate. If the bags had the orange stickers attached, then it is 100% with Carnival being at fault for not prioritizing the delivery.

Although this is true, if there is no orange sticker, the problem was initiated by the operating participant. It then became Carnival's problem because of an incompetent third party associate. If the bags had the orange stickers attached, then it is 100% with Carnival being at fault for not prioritizing the delivery.

Inherited problem maybe! But it is a paid for service and it is no business of the purchaser who Carnival uses as a third party.

Even if there was no orange sticker put on in port then it should have been noticed at "cabin delivery time" as the FTTF luggage tags must have been on the luggage to find its way to the correct cabin at 7.30pm. This then makes it a direct Carnival fault because the Carnival employee who delivered luggage so late did not report the late delivery with FTTF. If employee had recorded and reported this then the purchaser would have no need to go to guest services as they would have contacted the customer:)

Nowhere when you purchase FTTF does it say ensure you get an orange sticker at port if you want your luggage early?

Frequent cruisers with perks know to get an orange sticker but others do not!

VIFP perks are an "expected" service but FTTF is a "Required" service because it has been paid for:)

We had a suite and still bought FTTF. With a suite you get priority boarding. That's it. FTTF gets priority boarding and debarking, priority tendering, your room is ready when you board, and luggage is delivered earlier. Those are the highlights and for me it was worth the room being ready alone. The priority debarking was also awesome.

Last week on the Sunshine, we got priority embarkation and debarkation. However, cabin had not been cleaned when we got there. Bags showed up after Muster with everyone else's bags. Didn't get torqued about it. Didn't need to have the cabin ready, just available to dump our carry-ons. Would have been nice to see the bags early, since I paid for that.

FTTF? Never again. Don't mind the $, if they provided the service.

Last week on the Sunshine, we got priority embarkation and debarkation. However, cabin had not been cleaned when we got there. Bags showed up after Muster with everyone else's bags. Didn't get torqued about it. Didn't need to have the cabin ready, just available to dump our carry-ons. Would have been nice to see the bags early, since I paid for that.

FTTF? Never again. Don't mind the $, if they provided the service.

I hope you contacted first services. They would have refunded you.

I'd cancel, were I in the same situation, as the only benefit I really wanted was priority embarkation.

A dirty little secret from my own personal experience is that if you cancel it you may receive the benefits anyway. I cancelled it before our B2B last year, when I realized I would get Platinum benefits on the first cruise anyway, but our cards were still in the FTTF stack and had the FTTF stickers on them anyway.

Either way, if you choose to cancel it, you can do so online.

Edited by gtalum

We had it on our last cruise and bags weren't delivered until well after dinner (early dining). They DID have the tags on them, so I have no clue why they weren't delivered earlier.

All but ONE of our bags were delivered immediately in Tampa on our last cruise when we had FTTF. No clue why the last one was delivered at normal time. And of course it had to be the suitcase with all my clothes in it as I like to unpack right away. :p

I hope you contacted first services. They would have refunded you.

I did. They took a description of the bags :rolleyes: and said they would look into it. By the time they came, I wasn't interested in fighting with cust service.

We upgraded from Balcony to an Suite. Do I still need FTTF? What are the other benefits to having a suite?

we upgraded as well and kept ours..since we had to tender into HMC.. that is just me though.. if you dont have a tender port i say cancel it and have some lil extra spending money. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Still torn! My understanding is that we should already have priority boarding with booking a suite. We are traveling in a group. 2 suite rooms, 2 balcony rooms, 2 interior rooms. We all booked the FTTF. If the 2 suite rooms cancel the FTTF, will we all receive the same priority boarding and room ready advantages? The 3 ports are docked and not tendered ports. San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk. What do you think?

Still torn! My understanding is that we should already have priority boarding with booking a suite. We are traveling in a group. 2 suite rooms, 2 balcony rooms, 2 interior rooms. We all booked the FTTF. If the 2 suite rooms cancel the FTTF, will we all receive the same priority boarding and room ready advantages? The 3 ports are docked and not tendered ports. San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk. What do you think?

You will have priority boarding with the suite.

FTTF boards after Wedding Parties, Milestones, Platinums and Suites. So you would not board together.

The FTTFs would be allowed to get to their cabins early. Not so with Suites.

I say keep the FTTF. I upgraded from an interior to a suite, and I am keeping our FTTF. The biggest perk, and the most frequent one used by us, is the fact that we can go to the 'short' line at guest services - the line for platinum, diamond, and FTTF cruisers. No one expects to have a problem where guest services are needed, but if one comes up, it is nice to bypass the longer line. Last summer on the Sunshine, several people's luggage did not show up so the general guest services line was 2 hours long.........I was able to go into the 'short' line, get what I needed to get done, and leave within a couple minutes (had nothing to do with our luggage - ours made it luckily.) We have always been fortunate to have FTTF since they started the service. Have fun on your trip!

Thank you! That's my answer. I am gonna keep it!

Great choice!!! I like all the options with FTTF, but getting the luggage early, and being able to unpack before muster (in most cases), make it worth it to me.

Enjoy your cruise!!!:)

I'm keeping mine as well but will decide if I want to purchase it next time due to the fact that I have a special needs child. I already registered with them and the email I got back says I will get priority embarkation and debarkation, but I do want to be able to drop my bags off early and get my luggage early as well. I got it last year and didn't get my bags until maybe around 8pm and after I called several times. I didn't even think to ask for a refund ... but I know better now. I also didn't register with special needs last year either as I didn't know about it.