Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

Krywyj1981

Near the port to the cheaper side, I would suggest Hilton Marina. The hotel has a great pool and a beautiful fire pit area at night plus all the yachts there to look at and the water taxi is right outside your back door. We actually walked to Bimini's Boatyard for dinner from here with no problem.

Secondly, if you are looking for a suite, my suggestion is Gallery One - Doubletree Suites. It's not right at the port but the hotel is very nice and the mall is right next door. (I think we paid $110 on LMT last July of 13)

Third - if you are wanting ocean front, my choice is the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Yes, I'm a Silver Honors member so I have stayed at a lot of Hiltons over the years. This one tops them all. Everything and everyone there is stellar.

I can also suggest the Lago Mar which is right on the beach. Another fabulous hotel that even though it's out by itself, it has everything you could need. We truly enjoyed our stay there.

I'm not a fan of FLL Embassy Suites (after 2 stays there before). Where ever you stay, just do your homework on your location. Best of luck to you!:p

I appreciate all the helpful responses! Looking into everything now, anything around $200 with shuttle from the airport and to the port would be ideal. We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach a few years ago. Wasn't before a cruise but we did enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I appreciate all the helpful responses! Looking into everything now, anything around $200 with shuttle from the airport and to the port would be ideal. We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach a few years ago. Wasn't before a cruise but we did enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Depending on when you book, the Hyatt Pier 66 is a very reasonable price. I believe we're paying $138 for the night before our cruise next month for a tower view of the harbor.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Embassy Suites did have a shuttle to the pier, which we used. $16 per person, could also book it as part of the room charge. It was a mini-bus, more comfortable than the standard van, and we would do that again.

Not sure your idea of reasonable but here is what we did.

Stayed one night precruise and two nights post cruise in early May 2014. Stayed at Hyatt Place 17th and Convention. It was like a block from the Embassy Suites. We paid $99 per night through valuetrips. Free breakfast. They had free airport shuttle. Shared Shuttle to cruiseport was $7 per person.

I actually walked into the Embassy Suites looking for directions to Total Wine. It was very nice. If it was a little more than the Hyatt I would consider it. If it was over $129 per night I would go with Hyatt. Cruise shuttle was fine. It was only like a 15 minute ride.

Airport/Cruise Port State Rd. 84 1221 W State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315-2349

This is our pick for all FLL cruises. It includes free airport pick-up and free breakfast. Port transport is through All Stars for $10. each, (sign up for time slot at check-in.) If you look at the map to port, 84 goes directly to the port area.

It is located adjacent to a shopping center w/grocery, restaurants, McDonalds and Wendy's.

No, you can 't see the port; would rather save the $$$ for the cruise.

This is the Best Western hotel ive stayed there for my last two cruises out of Fort Lauderdale and I just stayed there 2 weeks ago and I would do it in a heart beat for the listed reasons above. With our CAA/AAA rate we paid 98.16$ plus the 8.00$ per person shuttle.

When i first booked it was 129.99 but i watched the prices almost daily and saw it drop one day so i called and got my rate adjusted

Edited by trev71

I've stayed at a ton of hotels in and around Ft. Lauderdale. My list goes like this:

1) Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach

Excellent location, can walk to everything including CVS at Beach Place; Bubba Gump's is directly below the hotel, and the property has a beautiful sun deck overlooking the ocean.

2) Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach

Also great location, cross the street to the beach, can walk to everything...just a little further north than Courtyard.

3) Hyatt Regency Pier 66

Beautiful, right at the port, however you'll need to cab it to Ft. Lauderdale Beach if you're going there, however not far.

4) Bahia Mar, Doubletree

Cross the street to the beach, great store right on the property for basically any kind of quick food you want for the beach, lunches, etc. Nice pool and walkway right onto the sand at the beach.

5) Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach

Actually my favorite, but the furthest, and would only work if you want a couple of days pre/post cruise and to just relax at the pool. Best pool area I've seen, gorgeous with a water taxi stop right at the pool.

Embassy Suites did have a shuttle to the pier, which we used. $16 per person, could also book it as part of the room charge. It was a mini-bus, more comfortable than the standard van, and we would do that again.

The taxi is only about $10-$12.

We've stayed in many places in Ft Lauderdale, including Embassy Suites, but our last cruise we stayed at the Riverside Hotel and loved it! The hotel is older, but was in immaculate condition and had that old Florida feel to it. There are many restaurants and shops right outside the door too.

We are staying there again in November and got rooms for $85 a night. That is a bargain! No, they don't have free breakfast, but I am getting ready to stuff myself with food on a 7 day cruise. I can walk to the CVS and buy a protein bar to hold me over until lunch. No free shuttle, but cabs are cheap in Ft Lauderdale and I prefer them over shuttles.

I didn't see the Riverside Hotel mentioned by anyone else, so I thought I would throw out another option for you.

Whenever we have to overnight in the Port Everglades area, we stay in Hollywood. It has a small town feel, great restaurants, and a nice boardwalk for strolling along the beach. There are lots of small boutique hotels on the boardwalk, or if you want to save a few pennies, there are some nice rooms to be found a block or two off the beach.

We also stayed at the Riverside this past March before our cruise on the Allure. Beautiful hotel!!! We had so much fun. Lots of shopping and excellent restaurants!!

Sent from my iPhone

Any comments about Homewood Suites? Or Hilton Garden Inn? Won't get there until late night so just looking for clean room with decent bed. How was breakfast?

Homewood Suites has a decent breakfast, lots of choices and some hot foods too.