wine from room to MDR

marie40

First time cruising and loads of questions. We are on the Dawn July 4th, Just wondering if we open a bottle of wine in our room in the evening if we are allowed to bring the remaining wine to the dining room to have with dinner.

First time cruising and loads of questions. We are on the Dawn July 4th, Just wondering if we open a bottle of wine in our room in the evening if we are allowed to bring the remaining wine to the dining room to have with dinner.

Though we pretty much finish most bottles wherever they are opened, you can take the bottle with you.

Or, you can just fill a glass and take that with you. Or take the glass anywhere on the ship for that matter.

(I assume you have read a few of the 7,832 postings about corkage fee)

thank you for your quick responses, yes i am aware of corkage fees, I still think i will bring some wine on board as it might be more economical for us.

I would agree with the economical. We often take a few for in room, or walking around consumption. We also buy a bottle - okay - bottles in the dining rooms.

thank you for your quick responses, yes i am aware of corkage fees, I still think i will bring some wine on board as it might be more economical for us.

Bringing wine on board with a $15 corkage fee is worth while if bringing your favourite wines on board. If however it is simply a matter of cost it doesn't leave much leeway against the "Enthusiast package" $88 ($101 with gratuity) for 4 bottles

Some reasonable wines in the basic package.

See below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=251910&d=1352936420

Edited by Big Chippy

You can hand the bottle to your server when you get to your table. There are wine-chill holders scatter around the dining room for just that purpose.

We always pre-chill the bottle in our cabin refrigerator so the wine coolers just have to keep it cool until we drink it.

If you don't finish the wine bottle during dinner, you can ask your waiter to save it for next time. He/she will put your name on the bottle and then you can get the bottle from your server at any of the ship's dining rooms. Apparently all passenger bottles are stored in the same area.

Your question suggests that you are not aware of one of the great benefits of cruising.

You can carry drinks around, from venue to venue, without anyone caring. There is no need to wonder whether you are allowed to go from one place to another with your drink. I often carry my wind bottle around from venue to venue. They will give you a fresh glass whenever you need one.

Actually, there is one place that can be an issue. They don't like glass in the theatre (at least on the Epic, but I suspect all of them). Other than that, just do what you fancy.

...Actually, there is one place that can be an issue. They don't like glass in the theatre (at least on the Epic, but I suspect all of them). Other than that, just do what you fancy.

On our recent Dawn cruise, the sold wine in real glass in the theatre. Even full bottles. Seems we did that on others as well.

Pool area - they do plastic.

You can hand the bottle to your server when you get to your table. There are wine-chill holders scatter around the dining room for just that purpose.

We always pre-chill the bottle in our cabin refrigerator so the wine coolers just have to keep it cool until we drink it.

If you don't finish the wine bottle during dinner, you can ask your waiter to save it for next time. He/she will put your name on the bottle and then you can get the bottle from your server at any of the ship's dining rooms. Apparently all passenger bottles are stored in the same area.

Thanks! :)

If I bring my own wine (paying corkage of course) and want to have it for dinner but need it chilled, who do I give it to? TIA! :)

You should be able to give it to any bar, we have always given the bottle earlier in the day (or previous day) to the maitre d' of the restaurant we're going to eat in (well, ok - we have done this only at Italian restaurant, but several times ;)) and they have been happy to take it to be taken to fridge until we want it "back". :)

You should be able to give it to any bar, we have always given the bottle earlier in the day (or previous day) to the maitre d' of the restaurant we're going to eat in (well, ok - we have done this only at Italian restaurant, but several times ;)) and they have been happy to take it to be taken to fridge until we want it "back". :)

Good to know, thanks! :)