cruising solo - what do I need to know?

Tortoiselvr

I tried doing a sample booking from a solo supplement waiver list and the links were screwed up. I'm planning a January cruise as a solo but if I book at double occupancy and then once they publish the list and that particular cruise ends up on the list, what happens? Do I have to rebook in a specific room to get the rate or do they just credit back the difference? Or am I just outta luck! Do they waive the supplement on ships sailing half full and do the promo to fill it up? I'm booking it regardless since I have to use a future cruise credit, but I'd still like to save money!

ETA: I emailed the PVP that has been hounding me every time I log in to carnivals site but it's been over a week and no response to my question. When I actually did book thru him he never answered questions then either.

Edited by Cruisin'Allie
Addition

Waived Single Supplements are used to fill up ships as they get closer to sail date. Currently Carnival is only offering waived single through the second week of July, and not on all cruises, either.

You won't find anything for January until late November and there's NO guarantee that they'll offer the waiver on your cruise or even if they'll still have the program at all then. They only started doing this last September.

Jeff

I see... I'd have to wait to book then. I'll have to think about that. I just have to use the credit before next summer. I looked at their website and most of June's cruises listed very low single rates. I'm just out of vacation days this year! Shucks.

I only picked that January cruise because of the lower double rate. I'd do a whole lot better waiting to see what comes up as single rates or maybe even pack n' go rates. Hmm... Something to think about! Thanks Jeff!

Edited by Cruisin'Allie

They've added a bunch through the first two weeks of July, but haven't yet updated the list. The 'official' list is at https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx

You VACATIONS can also find a TO more current GO list at a competing website that I'm not allowed to mention.

Jeff

Thanks! A new member of my favorites list!;)

I went on my first solo cruise in April it was great well except dinner you know how there is at least one name dropper we he was at my table, he knew the captain had gotten a tie from Bill Gates and he has been on the bridge. Dinner basically became who he knew. The others were great when the could get a word in