Carnival Dream "All Inclusive"?

utkikr21

I have read in a few different areas about an "all inclusive" drink package on the Dream however I cannot find any information on Carnival's website or in my booking area. Does this still exist?

The Cheers program works really well for us. My BF and I are in our mid twenties, and cruise with his best friend. We save money by getting Cheers, and it helps me budget, so i know exactly how much we are going to spend, rather than getting a surprise bill at the end.

I hate to rain on anyones parade but come on now. I am 68 years old and have drank my share over the years. I think if anyone drinks 15 drinks a day they can not be enjoying there cruise because how can they even know what is going on around them. I sure hope people that have a family with them does not get the cheers program because it can't be called a family cruise if half the family is waisted every day.

I hate to rain on anyones parade but come on now. I am 68 years old and have drank my share over the years. I think if anyone drinks 15 drinks a day they can not be enjoying there cruise because how can they even know what is going on around them. I sure hope people that have a family with them does not get the cheers program because it can't be called a family cruise if half the family is waisted every day.

Just because you can drink 15, doesn't necessarily mean you do. I usually don't hit 10 and still get my money's worth. I get my money's worth around 5, because I don't drink beer, my drinks are normally $8-9 each. I have a mimosa or two with breakfast, a frozen drink or two while laying in the sun all day, a pre dinner martini, wine with dinner, and a drink while at the comedy club or disco. I am far from wasted when I go to bed (warm and fuzzy, but not wasted), because I had 8-10 drinks over 14-16 hours. And I thoroughly enjoy my cruises :) I have hit my 15 limit one, my first drink was at 730 am and my last around midnight. About 1 per hour... not too bad!

Different strokes for different folks!

The Cheers program works really well for us. My BF and I are in our mid twenties, and cruise with his best friend. We save money by getting Cheers, and it helps me budget, so i know exactly how much we are going to spend, rather than getting a surprise bill at the end.

That is what we like most about it, not getting a surprise at the end of the cruise!

At 27 I dont have a problem knowing what I can and cannot handle and have learned over the past few years how to act accordingly while drinking. I was certainly not asking about the Cheers program to get lectured on how much I should or should not drink while on my vacation...

This is not a family cruise for us but a chance for my wife and I to celebrate all that we have accomplished over the past year and leave our DS at home with his grandparents for the week...

We just got back sunday from a week on the magic and I thought the 15-drink limit was going to be a real problem for my husband. I mean, the man can drink! But he only hit his limit once and was at a point that he definitely didn't need anymore. If he had no problem with the cut-off, I don't think anyone should. You will be fine.

We just got back sunday from a week on the magic and I thought the 15-drink limit was going to be a real problem for my husband. I mean, the man can drink! But he only hit his limit once and was at a point that he definitely didn't need anymore. If he had no problem with the cut-off, I don't think anyone should. You will be fine.

Thank you for letting me know how it worked for your husband. I really dont think my wife and I will try to reach our limit each day but having 3 sea days we may come clase a couple times. I have done the math and we realized even if we didnt have a few drinks on the ship each day that we would still save money by paying for the Cheers program instead of buying individually throughout the week!

Thank you for letting me know how it worked for your husband. I really dont think my wife and I will try to reach our limit each day but having 3 sea days we may come clase a couple times. I have done the math and we realized even if we didnt have a few drinks on the ship each day that we would still save money by paying for the Cheers program instead of buying individually throughout the week!

Cheers was well worth it for us, even if just for the peace of mind that we won't have a massive bar bill to look forward to at the end of the trip. For my hubby it was great and for me, I really enjoyed being able to try all the "girly" drinks without worrying about not liking them. I may have got to 10, maybe, on some of our sea days (I really like a chocolate martini :) ) but even on port days I bet we still saved a few bucks. If you like to have more than a couple of drinks a day, it's your best bet. :p

I just got back from a 7 day cruise and YES I got my money's worth. I agree that it probably wouldn't be worth it if you strictly drink beers and they are only like $5 each, but if you like cocktails and will drink 5-6 per day then go for it!

We were told the Cheers program does not include the main dining room, but our drinks waiter did submit my card every time and made sure I got them at $0. That really helped me get my money's worth as I drank a couple glasses of wine at dinner.

I just got back from a 7 day cruise and YES I got my money's worth. I agree that it probably wouldn't be worth it if you strictly drink beers and they are only like $5 each, but if you like cocktails and will drink 5-6 per day then go for it!

We were told the Cheers program does not include the main dining room, but our drinks waiter did submit my card every time and made sure I got them at $0. That really helped me get my money's worth as I drank a couple glasses of wine at dinner.

I have not read anywhere that stated it was excluded in the MDR but that is something I will definitley look into. I did read it was for drinks under $10 however any over would receive a 25% discount (mainly bottles of wine and champaigne).

There is a price limit per drink, but you only pay the amount over. You do get a discount on wine by the bottle. We had friends do it in January and we did not. They don't do beer so most of their drinks were the $10+. They figured they broke even. I wish Carnival would allow only one person to purchase like RCCL. I think I will use it on our upcoming RCCL cruise, but probably not for DW.

BTW: as a retired police officer general rule of thumb is a drink an hour won't even get you to the DUI limit which is much lower than when people get "stupid" drunk. So 15 drinks in a 12 - 14 hour day shouldn't make you an idiot, unless you already are.

My husband and I are in our mid-20's, and did an 8-night cruise on the Splendor recently. We are moderate to heavy drinkers and figured the Cheers program would be the best bet for us. We definitely saved money when all was done (about $400) but we decided we wouldn't do it again. It came to about $950 for both of us, but we felt like we were drinking all day to get our money's worth. We definitely would not have had as much had we not used Cheers, and probably would have come in under $950.

Mixed drinks that my husband usually drinks were around $6.50, so drinking about 9 was a lot. Additionally, even though tip was included we still felt guilty half the time putting "0" which meant we would tip $1 every other drink. When you're sitting at a bar for 35 minutes talking to the bartenders, it's hard to not tip even knowing that a 15% tip was already included in your Cheers price.

This is just our opinion. Again, we have no problem having 5-6 glasses of wine through dinner and gambling and shows but drinking all day every day to get our money's worth just didn't do it for us!

Happy cruising (and drinking!)

It came to about $950 for both of us, but we felt like we were drinking all day to get our money's worth. We definitely would not have had as much had we not used Cheers, and probably would have come in under $950.

That has been my experience using Cheers in the past. I tend to only get it on 5-day cruises instead of the longer ones now.

15 drinks per day, over a 12-15+ hour period, is not really that much. I can drink 5 drinks in an evening, let alone how many I can drink all day. And yes, I am still enjoying myself. If they're spread out throughout the entire day, I will not be wasted.

But thanks for caring. Not everyone can tolerate the drinking.

I have not read anywhere that stated it was excluded in the MDR but that is something I will definitley look into. I did read it was for drinks under $10 however any over would receive a 25% discount (mainly bottles of wine and champaigne).

The MDR is not excluded from the program. You can order your drinks in there as well, and if you order a bottle of wine, the program will get you a discount on that in the dining room.

Just because the limit is 15 doesn't mean you have to drink that many. Don't judge because it is an avenue for people to try different things that they may not ordinarily try. Would you rather they smuggle and get waisted.

UGH!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums