Tracy Arm Fjord

Also, you want to be up & about while transiting Frederick Sound just before arriving at Tracy Arm...usually LOTS of Humpback whales there !

This was taken about 8am, from our Balcony...from about a mile away.

whale.jpg

:)

For the transit into Tracy Arm, we were up at the front of the boat...all the way to the glaciers...It was a warm day...but the wind made for a chilly trip...needed my tuque / gloves / sweater & windproof jacket !

Not many people stayed there with us !

Edited by p_mori7

Make sure you book the excursion for that day, so you get to board a small boat and get close by. It is a 3 hour excursion, and they pick you up right off the Mircale as other passengers have to stay on the boat to see it from 'far'.

Make sure you book the excursion for that day, so you get to board a small boat and get close by. It is a 3 hour excursion, and they pick you up right off the Mircale as other passengers have to stay on the boat to see it from 'far'.

We were definitely planning on booking this excursion. :-)

Would you recommend the first or the second trip? I was thinking second so that we could see all the scenery first and then get up close, but not sure if I'm thinking in the wrong manner.

We were definitely planning on booking this excursion. :-)

Would you recommend the first or the second trip? I was thinking second so that we could see all the scenery first and then get up close, but not sure if I'm thinking in the wrong manner.

We booked the first one. We want to relax before dinner and we have the early seating.

Just in case you didn't know, you must book this one before you get on the ship. It's all done by email.

We booked the first one. We want to relax before dinner and we have the early seating.

Just in case you didn't know, you must book this one before you get on the ship. It's all done by email.

How do you book this?

How do you book this?

Go on the carnival web site, go into manage your cruise, go to book activities. Under ports put in Skagway. There will be an excursion Tracy Arm glacier explorer. It says it's for Thursday but when you read the description it is actually for Wed. while the ship is in the fiord (on the Miracle). You follow the direction, do not click "buy".