Passion Island

IPlayWithString

Hubby kind of wants to do Passion Island because our son (10) has requested a beach trip on this cruise.

But which way should we get there--by catamaran or on The Twister? Hubby favors catamaran even though The Twister would get us there faster. He's concerned that our son (who has Asperger's and sensory issues on top of that) would have a meltdown because the Twister is so fast (he doesn't like fast) and you get water sprayed in your face (again..he hates that).

We've never done an excursion like this and I've heard both good and bad things about Passion Island, so please CC'ers...give me your thoughts on this whole thing. I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly. :D

We have been there twice by catamaran. We like to ride on top if you can get seats.. As far as spray, it can be a little bouncy for some , and if you sit in the left outside lower seats you may get some...This is the boat..

SANY1711.jpg

Edited by TXSAIL

We're sailing on Carnival..what time do you have to meet the captain(???) who's going to take you to Passion Island?

You will have to book this through Carnival Excursions and that will give you all the time tables as to what time you meet, how long the trip will be and what time you'll be back at the dock.

I am not sure this is bookable outside of the cruise line. Someone else may know, but if you are going, just book it through the cruise line for the most efficient trip. If you're trying to save a couple bucks, you may want to try and get there on your own, but sounds like the easier of a day it will be for you, the better. Book through the cruiseline and they will give you all the details as to where to meet and when.

I haven't been on this Twister excursion, but I've been on boats like it. It's a crazy ride, fast, jerky and spinny and wet.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

I think it has gotten difficult to book independently, and the good thing about the ship tour is you leave right from the pier...One tip about PI, if you take the later trip it can be a little hard to secure a table in the shade.. Also, when you arrive,the guide wants you to wait while he explains everything to you. Last time my daughter slipped ahead and got us a table..

SANY2026.jpg

temp image upload

That's what I keep hearing. Even if he doesn't eat anything else, DS will probably at least eat the chips and salsa. He's primarily vegetarian and isn't terribly fond of meat. He will eat meat SOMETIMES, but not very often.

Also..how strong/weak are the drinks? I plan on taking advantage of the free margaritas or whatever they serve that's free but I'm kind of a lightweight. I don't want to drink like one drink and be laid flat because I'm drunker than a skunk.

Edited by IPlayWithString

Also..how strong/weak are the drinks? I plan on taking advantage of the free margaritas or whatever they serve that's free but I'm kind of a lightweight. I don't want to drink like one drink and be laid flat because I'm drunker than a skunk.

You will be fine. I had to ask for an extra pour.