Glory March 21st Cancelled-our second cancellation!!

toto6

Venting..First time trying Carnival and this is the SECOND time they have cancelled our cruise. The first time we had Conquest and they STUCK us on Splendor,(no 2.0) We changed to the Glory. B2B, got the rooms we liked, excel of excursions we like, airfare purchased, FTTF purchased etc... Now our second week is cancelled. Is this the way it normally goes? Yes it is a long way off, but really? How many times do we need to adjust our vacation in the next year? 2 cancellations in 2 months?? Really Carnival??

Going to do shorter trips. ? DH on phone now trying to switch us to Breeze. Not really the ports we wanted, ship looks great tho. Trying not to change our flights. Even if they offer flight compensation, it will not be until March in form of OBC. Not much help now. I know it will work out, but dang, really 2 times already?!

Sorry to hear....it's interesting tho....

March 21st & 28th are cancelled, and don't looked to be replaced yet. Nothing else appears to be affected.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

That's frustrating for you! I was actually looking at this cruise for our spring break next year. I guess not anymore. I wonder what's up, if it's being chartered or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone! Yes it was frustrating. But it did work out. DH was able to speak to someone who helped us. At first the price match was not going to help. Switched from a 7 day to a 6 day. :(. But she spent more time and got approval to price match the 8 day. (dividing cost/day) This was the best call we have experienced with Carnival so far. Redemption here! So now we are doing the B2B on the Breeze. 3rd time is a charm right. ;). We also were able to score lido insides for both weeks. Will miss 2 ports I really looked forward to, but will pick up one I was sad to miss from the last change. And we have a great ship! Guess we were just meant to be on this ship. :D

We were with you on the Glory, March 21 too. We were able to switch to Conquest, needed the same week and didn't want to do Western Splendor (just did that cruise this past March) and no 2.0...need my Guy's burger fix. Maybe your DH and I had the same person on the phone, she was great and got the price match for the first seven days and only add the per day (divided) for our same cabin on the 8 day sailing.

Hope it all works out for everyone else!!

Edited by New2Cruising24
typo

Thanks everyone! Yes it was frustrating. But it did work out. ........DH was able to speak to someone who helped us. At first the price match was not going to help. Switched from a 7 day to a 6 day. :(. But she spent more time and got approval to price match the 8 day. (dividing cost/day) This was the best call we have experienced with Carnival so far. Redemption here! So now we are doing the B2B on the Breeze. 3rd time is a charm right. ;). We also were able to score lido insides for both weeks. Will miss 2 ports I really looked forward to, but will pick up one I was sad to miss from the last change. And we have a great ship! Guess we were just meant to be on this ship. :D

Ahhh, see. The third time is the charm.

We were with you on the Glory, March 21 too. We were able to switch to Conquest, needed the same week and didn't want to do Western Splendor (just did that cruise this past March) and no 2.0...need my Guy's burger fix. Maybe your DH and I had the same person on the phone, she was great and got the price match for the first seven days and only add the per day (divided) for our same cabin on the 8 day sailing.

Hope it all works out for everyone else!!

That is good news as well. Yes it was quite a kick in the :eek: for a moment but looks like we will all have a great time still, just not what we thought. Funny how things work out.

I just want to say thanks to everyone for being kind and the understanding words. I so debated hitting that submit button. Really did not want to hear a bunch of negative comments at that time.

we too got axed off the Glory…..4 cabins, 3 families. DH and I were making it into a b/b with the Mar29 sailing which got cancelled too.

TA is working on solutions. 6 of us had booked flights using a combo of $ and frequent flyer points. Cannot make out from the letter from Carnival if we only get flight consideration IF we book a cruise replacement. If we cancel the whole thing we will lose points and $, and if we have to change our flight date it will cost us more points. Does anyone know if Carnival acknowledges that points have $ value intrinsic in their use? FYI Carn is offering $50.00 per cabin credit if you rebook, and up to 200.00 pp for flight adjustments. Conquest looks like a possibility alright, and splendour may work too. Does no 2.0 really matter….I probably won't have a burger anyway. So disappointed…we worked hard and long to get three sets of people all set to go. No doubt something good will happen here somewhere. Good luck to all.

Edited by muffin
make that 2.0

For those considering the Splendor over the Conquest.

Guy's Burgers are OK but the Tandoor is fabulous!

Also Splendor is wider than the Conquest so there is more seating in the lido, etc.

I want to be sure I understand what Carn offered you when you changed to the 8 day Conquest on mar 21. I am dealing with my TA And want to get it right.

I believe you are saying Carn allowed you to pay the same amount you paid for the Glory trip for the first 7 days on Conquest. This would be the cruise fare only. Then they divided the cruise fare on the Conquest trip by 8 to get the last day fare on the Conquest and added that. Then of course there are the new Conquest fees,taxes etc to add too. I presume you had to keep the same cabin category too when you changed. Am I correct?

We were on the Glory b/b march 28 trip too, and may do the 6 day trip on the 29 continuing on the Conquest instead. This will allow us to leave on our booked airfare day. Same deal available I presume? Thank you so much....

I'm so happy to hear that they were able to help you! So many times I hear horror stories about how the cruise lines won't do anything for you when they cause such a huge issue with vacations. I guess I learned to just keep calling until someone finally does the right thing! Happy sailing!:)

For those of you switching from Glory to Conquest: Congratulations!

I've been on both of them recently and Conquest is the nicer of the two. She's in better repair, decorated much more interestingly, and has the traditional menus rather than American Table/Feast. I thought the service on board was better as well.

I want to be sure I understand what Carn offered you when you changed to the 8 day Conquest on mar 21. I am dealing with my TA And want to get it right.

I believe you are saying Carn allowed you to pay the same amount you paid for the Glory trip for the first 7 days on Conquest. This would be the cruise fare only. Then they divided the cruise fare on the Conquest trip by 8 to get the last day fare on the Conquest and added that. Then of course there are the new Conquest fees,taxes etc to add too. I presume you had to keep the same cabin category too when you changed. Am I correct?

We were on the Glory b/b march 28 trip too, and may do the 6 day trip on the 29 continuing on the Conquest instead. This will allow us to leave on our booked airfare day. Same deal available I presume? Thank you so much....

Wow! That is a headache as well. What they did for us (but we are doing the Breeze) They took the fare for the 7 day, divided it by 7 and multiplied it by 8. So our daily fee for the Glory is our daily fee for the Breeze. Then you have the taxes and fees, etc. Really wishing you the best of luck. Talk to someone in resolutions. (think that is the name) Hope everyone in your group still wants to go. Good luck with the rooms you want as well. We requested our same rooms. When they dumped us on the Splendor..our 4 rooms-2 weeks were all over...from an inside to..spa inside with the kids on 2 floors below. I cant imagine what room assignments some of those cruisers got? :confused:

Best wishes to all!!

Our TA. will be on this soon. I so appreciate your reply. I did not want to send my very pleasant TA on a wild goose chase without being able to tell her" this is what people were offered". Seems these issues change a bit depending on who you speak to....it helps to know exactly what you KNOW others received.

Do so hope it works out. Glad it did for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky you! I wish I went on the breeze. I sailed the Glory twice last year and on the second time I sailed her I cut my big toe really bad in the theater. It was awful. I wont be sailing on the glory anytime soon again lol

Does anyone know why they cancelled the cruises?

I am on the glory April 18 and would like to know if mine will get cancelled before I go and book flights.

All I know is that they are going to do some short cruises during that time. Not much of an explanation. Sorry! They really did not give us one.

Lucky you! I wish I went on the breeze. I sailed the Glory twice last year and on the second time I sailed her I cut my big toe really bad in the theater. It was awful. I wont be sailing on the glory anytime soon again lol

Funny how things work out, I guess we were just meant to go on the Breeze. Enjoy your upcoming Southern, ours was so amazing. Also enjoy your first Royal cruise. We are planning on having a great time on our first Carnival cruise. :D