Bubbles

pearose

This may sound silly.... but a thought crossed my mind. Has anyone ever taken and used bubbles on a cruise? The kind kids use, with the bubble wands and liquid bottles of bubbles. Would they even allow using those, say, from your balcony?

This may sound silly.... but a thought crossed my mind. Has anyone ever taken and used bubbles on a cruise? The kind kids use, with the bubble wands and liquid bottles of bubbles. Would they even allow using those, say, from your balcony?

What a GREAT idea. I will remember this when we take our grandchildren.:o

Yes, and they are fun until they pop in your eye.

I wanted to bring bubbles with me for my Dads surprise 85th birthday cruise and John Heald told me they weren't allowed along with no balloons :(

So funny hats and noisemakers it will be :) Now I'm wondering if I should bring the bubbles....

There was another posting on this subject a couple of weeks ago. The majority of the people said it was not a good idea. Some of the things mentioned:

As another poster above mentioned, it's fun until one pops in your eye, one lands in somebody else's drink standing next to you, and the sticky mess that they leave when they land on the floor, and JH says they are not allowed.

I have a private preschool. We use bubbles all the time. Bubbles are made of a different 'soap' mixture now than they use to be. They're non toxic, not sticky, and do not burn if they get in your eyes.

Blowing them into a crowd on a ship isn't any different than blowing them at a wedding.

I have a private preschool. We use bubbles all the time. Bubbles are made of a different 'soap' mixture now than they use to be. They're non toxic, not sticky, and do not burn if they get in your eyes.

Blowing them into a crowd on a ship isn't any different than blowing them at a wedding.

Any and all bursting bubbles and spilled mixture makes the deck slippery, subject to falls, scrapes, and broken bones. Blowing them in a playground or driveway on asphalt is a lot different that a tiled or teak deck.

Leave the bubbles home.

Edited by Pine Bluff

I wanted to bring bubbles with me for my Dads surprise 85th birthday cruise and John Heald told me they weren't allowed along with no balloons :(

So funny hats and noisemakers it will be :) Now I'm wondering if I should bring the bubbles....

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission....

Bubbles and balloons are allowed.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544510

I wouldn't use them out on deck where they might get into someone else's eyes, drinks or cause any slipping hazards. I was just thinking it would be fun on the balcony at sail away etc.

Yes it was.:D Especially when people not part of our M&G were also asking for bubbles.

BTW - We were at the back of the ship and the bubbles were blowing over the railing.

So all that soap was going in the water for the benefit of the marine life and micro organisms?

I wouldn't use them out on deck where they might get into someone else's eyes, drinks or cause any slipping hazards. I was just thinking it would be fun on the balcony at sail away etc.

We have used them for sail away on our aft balcony many times.

Fun for adults and kids - no real harm, issues getting them on board or using them. We've always had tons of fun - with NO complaints from our neighbors. ;) :D

We have taken bubbles on a couple of cruises for when we leave port. Everyone seems to enjoy them. I'm personally more worried about smokers flicking their ashes and butts off of their balconies than the bubbles. To get in my eyes or drink.