Royal versus Carnival Kids clubs

minerva78

We just did our first family cruise on the Carnival Breeze, and my two daughters absolutely loved the kids club. My 6 year old seemed to like it the most in the evenings while my 5 year old wanted to be in there all of the time! I'm considering a 4 day cruise on Royal's Enchantment OTS plus 3 days at the Disney parks, and wanted to know of some differences in the kids clubs. On Carnival they are open at almost all times during the day, and my kids ate dinner with the kids club twice, but it sounds like this is not the case on RCL? What hours of the day are they closed, and is it on all days or do they differ for sea versus port days? Both my girls would be in the 6 - 8 year old group, does anyone have any comments about how their kids liked this group?

We just got off of Freedom with our 3.5 yr old. I assume the times are the same on all ships...on sea days it was 9am -12 pm (except the last sea day was 9-11), then 2-5 pm. Adventure Dinner Dining was offered at this time. You had to be signed up by 3 pm. They take them to the Windjammer buffet. We never took advantage of that but saw the kids in there a few times and it was organized. They reopened AO at 6:45 to 10 pm. 10 pm to 2 am is late night zone for $7/hour.

Port days had different hours...we didnt use it on those days, but they opened earlier (I think 8:00 was usual) and offered lunch without the break. I dont think sea days ever had lunch dining with AO, just dinner time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Edited by AZDCruiser

Oh and she loved it and often wanted to be there in the a.m before it opened! The club has a separate Compass everyday that lists hours and plans for the next day. We were very pleased. We have cruised RCI a lot and this was our first time with a child. It is one of the main reasons we have booked again for next year.

Also, every one of the staff went out of their way to say hello to her and accomodate our needs. It made her feel very special!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Edited by AZDCruiser