Vision of the Seas-- need advice asap!

DH and I have a cruise booked on Vision in late July, with final payment due tomorrow. This was a last-minute booking for a quick 4-night getaway. Got a great price on a balcony cabin, but we are becoming concerned about all the recent negative reviews about problems with staff and service. We are thinking maybe this was a changeover issue, but we are wondering if anyone who has just returned from Vision has any advice. Thanks so much!

I have been on the Vision twice recently... once coming up from Colon and the first 5 day sailing in May. While I did experience some of the bumps in the road that others have reported, none of them were to the extent that it put any sort of damper on the cruise. All the crew that I interacted with were extremely helpful and courteous. I really don't think that your 4 day at the end of July will slip to such a point that it would not still be enjoyable. Go and enjoy!

We were on the May 3rd sailing. We felt the change over had alot to do with the poor service, food, etc.

But, you have a great price with a balcony for 4 days. Things must be better by now

You'll be on a ship !! Go, have a good time

We are going beginning of July and have been watching the reviews pretty carefully too. They are not plentiful and some are fairly negative, while others are positive. We, too, considered changing the ship, but in the end we got a REALLY good deal and will take our chances that the issues noted have been resolved.

I would not worry. 95%+ of passegers have a great time. The only ones that usualky post are the complainers or they have expectations that cannot be meet. Nothing is perfect,. Relax enjoy let others do the cleaning cooking and driving.. you will have a great time.

I just got off the Vision today and loved this ship! She is beautiful. Lots of windows which i think makes this ship so much nicer than some of the bigger ships. You can easily find your way around and lots to do. The food was good too. Tried Giavannis one night. Delicious! Pool bar is slow. But you can go into solarium bar and usually quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While overall this cruise was enjoyable, (graduation present for three grads and us three moms who made it fun) the experience was far less than any other I had experienced in my previous RCL cruises. (Mariner in 2008; Allure 2013). Service in MDR was rough the first night; seated at 5:50 pm and entree arrived at 7:15 pm. Forced us to miss the only show in theatre. Service got better over the next few days. That said, food quality was excellent. Took over an hour to leave the ship both port days. Reduced excursion time by more than an hour on each day. Stairways were backed up for several decks high. Bar service on sea days was poor. Waited in line for more than 30 minutes in Solarium bar; other was longer and no servers ever came near us on Deck 10. Had a JS on 8 center, overhead noise was constant. Guest services could not fix the onboard credit that never appeared on folio.

Found myself apologizing to the one mom who was a first time cruiser that this was not typical for RCL. Hope this is not going to continue to be typical for Vision. She's a beauty of a ship!