2015 from Southampton -Explorer or Anthem of seas

Just back from the Independence and sad that we will not see here again in the UK after 2014.

So what for 2015

The New anthem of the Seas or the Old Explorer of the seas.

I'd be interested in tryng Anthem, depending on the price compared to Explorer. If Anthem is 50% more than Explorer, I'd wait for the novelty to wear off.

Theres not much about Quantum and Anthem that interests me in the slightest. New ships are always in a league of their own, but I'm expecting a substantial price difference in Explorer and Anthem and I would save the money and stick with the refurbished Explorer. The Explorer refurb is supposed to be extensive, so she should come out looking like a new ship. If it were me, I would undoubtedly wait for the novelty to wear off the Quantum class.

Just booked the September 2nd 2015 sailing on Explorer out of Southampton. Our original plan was to book the Anthem, but Explorer was substantially less expensive and 2 days longer.

Once a quantum class ship makes it to our backyard at Cape Liberty, we'll try it then.

For now, we'll enjoy the cost savings and a refurbished Explorer :-)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I heard a rumour that Explorer was coming back to the UK empty but cannot believe that and I still cannot find any information about her crossing.

She is sailing on the 7TH March in the US then the 24TH April in the UK. Can anyone tell me where she is having her refit and any info on the TA.

Ian

I heard a rumour that Explorer was coming back to the UK empty but cannot believe that and I still cannot find any information about her crossing.

She is sailing on the 7TH March in the US then the 24TH April in the UK. Can anyone tell me where she is having her refit and any info on the TA.

Ian

Yes she is sailing over empty as they will be doing part of her refit as she sails across.Sad but true as it would be a great TA

Not sure where she is having her refit but she is only in UK one season before she departs for far East.

We have just got off Indy and have been looking at prices for Anthem. The ship will be truly spectacular but it does seem a little expensive.

How does Explorer compare to Indy?

Does anyone feel the prices for Anthem will come down?

Go for Explorer. This is coming from someone that wil be sailing Quantum next year but has sailed Explorer more times than I can count. She is a fine lady and will be even more spectacular when she is refurbished. From what I understand, you will get 2 add'l sea days.

It's a no brainer.

Book it and happy sails!

Edited by celebrity

Yes she is sailing over empty as they will be doing part of her refit as she sails across.Sad but true as it would be a great TA

Not sure where she is having her refit but she is only in UK one season before she departs for far East.

Thanks

Somebody on CC said the refit was in Lisbon. I have not confirmed that.

Currently RCI is listing the last sailing from Port Canaveral ending Thursday 12 March 2015 and the first sailing from Southampton on Friday 24 Apr 2015. Isn't six weeks pretty long for a refurb? Or does Explorer have other cruises that are not listed for sale by RCI?

Thom

• 4 months later...

I wrestled with this myself, a 12nt Anthem was roughly same price as 14nt Explorer. I preferred the itinerary on Explorer but went with Anthem as I couldn't pass up being on the third or fourth cruise on a new ship. I'm happy with my decision as the price has gone up $1500 on Anthem since I booked a month ago.

Will the prices come down on Anthem? Doubful, I've only seen them go up. Maybe late in the summer when the newness wears off. My cruise in June 1.