personal vacations planner, why?

Moon_dance

Hello everyone,

My husband want to bring his (somewhat old) kids on their very first cruise! My husband and I have cruised 4 times with Carnival and we enjoyed ourselves very much.

I wonder, though, what do CCL personal vacations planner do for you? I mean, the price they give us is the exact same price I find online... There's nothing they do that I can't do myself. Do they offer some kind of advantage, whether it be on price or any extras onboard? Do I have to ask for it, because my pvp certainly didn't offer anything extra... :confused:

Thanks!

Moon_dance

For us.....we use a PVP because we book several cabins and we want them linked for dinner. No we don't get extra perks.

I think that some people use a PVP when they do not like to use a computer, or their internet is messed up, or the CCL web site has a glitch or whatever.

Do not worry that you are missing anything when you book on line! Happy sailing!

Edited by momof4boys

Hello everyone,

My husband want to bring his (somewhat old) kids on their very first cruise! My husband and I have cruised 4 times with Carnival and we enjoyed ourselves very much.

I wonder, though, what do CCL personal vacations planner do for you? I mean, the price they give us is the exact same price I find online... There's nothing they do that I can't do myself. Do they offer some kind of advantage, whether it be on price or any extras onboard? Do I have to ask for it, because my pvp certainly didn't offer anything extra... :confused:

Thanks!

Moon_dance

There have been many discussions on CC about this....some people claim that their PVP's do extra things for them....but I don't think that is the case as they are NOT ALLOWED to offer any concessions or better pricing. I have climbed quite high in the CCL management ladder - written letters, emails etc - and I have been assured that they cannot make ANY deals or concessions NOT offered to EVERYONE by CCL.

So the answer would be.....PVP's cannot and DO NOT do anything for you that you couldn't do for yourself....that is very very true. We have tried 5 different ones....and NONE were worthwhile and did anything for us that we could not have done for ourselves. We have asked and received NOTHING from them but what CCL was offering at the moment.

Their ONLY value may be some guidance to first time brand new cruisers who may need some questions answered and are not savvy enough to know where or how to find them. However, the folks in the 800 # call center can give the same guidance.

To us a PVP is only huge "overhead" for CCL and not worth that "overhead"......maybe cruising would cost a little less without that big "overhead"!

I love my PVP. While it is true that they can't give you any special perks, they can be very helpful with answering questions. I usually go through my booking online and decide the what, where, and when, then I call her to book it and answer any outstanding questions. FWIW, I am very tech savvy, but sometimes I like a more personal approach.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Moon_dance

Well I wasn't sure about them until today. Just got a call from mine. He was letting me known about a $50 Deposit offer that I didn't know about. Because of him calling I am now booked on the Glory for the 14th of November... I do have a question though. Do they get commissions?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Ours linked four cabins of family members making sure we were close to each other. He also placed a new cruiser with a past guest so each cabin got the past guest rate. He knows our preferences when it comes to bed arrangements, decks, meal times and answers any questions, no matter how crazy. I couldn't do without him and wish I had a TA who works as well.

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

I so agree with the last post my PVP has been awesome and made everything so easy I never have to worry when he answers my questions he knows what he is doing. I wouldn't do it any other way. I do book for ten people including a handicapped room. So he is awesome. He also does all my price drops immediately on the phone. No forms to send in and wait. We have had over $5000 in price drops since booking last June for a July breeze cruise I have to find them but then I call him and he takes care of it. He is great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love my PVP. While it is true that they can't give you any special perks, they can be very helpful with answering questions. I usually go through my booking online and decide the what, where, and when, then I call her to book it and answer any outstanding questions. FWIW, I am very tech savvy, but sometimes I like a more personal approach.

I have to echo this post. I have booked 24 cruises with our present PVP and she is at her best when we are looking for one of the out of the ordinary cruises where nothing shows or is just beginning to show on the Carnival web site because the cruise is in the planning stages, she can get me the details early. I will mention the Pride repositioning from Florida to Baltimore, that cruise has gone up over $2,000 since we booked. For the ordinary cruises I already have the cabin and fare picked out but it doesn't cost any extra, and it's always fun to compare notes and get her recommendations for that particular ship.

I do have a question though. Do they get commissions?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

They do, when I booked (I got a call after signing upon the Carnival site) the PVP told me they get paid for booking. I booked with a PVP because it is our first cruise.

I love my PVP, too. It's nice to know that when you have a question, want to make a change, make sure you get a specific cabin or whatever, you can speak to the same person, and that that person knows your preferences and is working for/with you. I do mock bookings online all the time to check prices, but when I'm ready to book, I call my PVP.

i too figure most of mine out online then call my PVP, he is totally great, no he hasnt ever gotten me anything special except his prompt time and responses. if he doesnt know the answer to a question he goes to find it, he is funny and makes it personal, he has helped me narrow two or three choices down when im undecided. He never makes me feel stupid for asking a question that i should have been able to look up but couldnt find and well he is just darn helpful.

I love my PVP, too. It's nice to know that when you have a question, want to make a change, make sure you get a specific cabin or whatever, you can speak to the same person, and that that person knows your preferences and is working for/with you. I do mock bookings online all the time to check prices, but when I'm ready to book, I call my PVP.

I made a mock booking and found out there was a cabin in a better area on the same deck. I called and asked if I could move. Got the confirmation e mail within 10 minutes of the call!

I made a mock booking and found out there was a cabin in a better area on the same deck. I called and asked if I could move. Got the confirmation e mail within 10 minutes of the call!

I've done similar things, nice to have the fast service :D

A pvp cant get a cheaper price .But they can get you a better room or location at time of booking or after. mine does all the price drops i find right on the phone no forms to mail in he will link all the rooms in my group together weather it was book with carnival or a private travel agent. Yes i can do alot of this myself but its just nice to know i dont have to do it all, pick up the phone and call and its done and it creates a job in the USA and not a call center in india Thats why i use a pvp

My PVP left the company and we just booked our Thanksgiving cruise today with her replacement. She is new to the company and has a lot to learn, but she was super friendly and responsive. She was able to snatch two excellent cabins for us that weren't showing up in the group of ten online.

In addition to all the things mentioned my pvp was very helpful when our cruise on the triumph was cancelled due to a fire. Carnival phone lines were were busy or you were put on hold for at least an hour maybe two with all the people calling to get info, refunds and booking other cruises. He even took care of rebooking my sister who hadn't even booked through him. She was on hold for 1 and 1/2 hours. And then told to call back later. She called him instead. He took her information then called her back later at an agreed upon time and helped her get refunds for flight changes and rebooked on another cruise. No waiting on hold for another hour. You think you don't need one but when things go wrong you are glad you have one. He has always been very helpful and I will continue to book through him.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I am wondering: how does one get a PVP? I'm from the Netherlands and wanted to book through the website, but something went wrong and I just dialed the +1.888 number and booked through there, but I don't think the people on that call center are the PVP's? Do people from outside the USA and Canada get assigned a PVP?

i agree....my PVP...can help me with all kinds of questions...and or situations.....and my pvp is soooo sweet and helpful.....and has helped me a lot

i agree....my PVP...can help me with all kinds of questions...and or situations.....and my pvp is soooo sweet and helpful.....and has helped me a lot

I agree with both of these statements about doing things on my own since I am very technically oriented.

But, I was given the name of a PVP on a cruise last Dec from two "new" friends and contacted him. He is very helpful and handles my questions quickly and efficiently. He also learned what cruises I am looking for and is now able to help me quickly narrow down future cruises.

So, can I do my own bookings? Yes... Will I continue to do this? depends on the cruise and timing. I will however keep my PVP informed and let him help me when I have questions or needing quick price reductions.

Steve

i guess i'm in the minority, but the FEW questions I've ever had, I've found the answer to via google. When I've been eligible for a price drop, I've called Carnival and spent 5 minutes on the phone with them and gotten it applied. I think people over complicate things. If you've gone through the entire process of a "mock-booking" why not just click "book now" and enter in your creit card info?

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I am wondering: how does one get a PVP? I'm from the Netherlands and wanted to book through the website, but something went wrong and I just dialed the +1.888 number and booked through there, but I don't think the people on that call center are the PVP's? Do people from outside the USA and Canada get assigned a PVP?

Just call and ask to be assigned one. Or if you know someone that has a good one get their number and call them directly.

Love my PVP. She is the greatest. When I find a price drop I just call her and she takes care of it. Always gets back to me in a reasonable amount of time. I even have a personal number for her. After our first cruise, we regretted not buying the big blue beach towels. I asked her if they were available somewhere off the ship. She looked and they weren't. Then she said she was going on a cruise that month and she'd pick up a couple of them for us, and she did! I of course paid her, plus for her effort, but it was just the nicest thing for her to deal with for us. She tells me to give her a call if I just want to talk about my cruise. I haven't yet as I know she is working, but just the fact that she's offered makes me feel special.