Thinking about getting married onboard

CRocks

GF + I thinkin about tyin the knot during next cruise. Just looked at prices + it starts around $1400? Is it worth it? Who provides licenses etc + from where? We 're in our 60's + really don't want/need anything special. Better alternatives? BTW, booked to Ensenada/Catalina in Jan with my son + his family. TIA

hop on over to the Wedding and Honeymoon board under "special interest cruises". I just had my wedding in April and found a lot of great information over there. There are many many carnival brides/grooms to help you out with what you need! Congrats!

Catalina and Long Beach are both part of Los Angeles County so you would get a Los Angeles County License.

Might be best to get married at embarkation in Long Beach because Catalina is a tender port.

There are several reviews of weddings on the Inspiration and Imagination on the Wedding and Honeymoon board.

Here's one to get you started--http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1876968&highlight=inspiration

Edited by SadieN

My husband and I got married on the Holiday seven years ago and everyone talks about it being the best and easiest wedding they've ever been to.

When we married, the fee included the ceremony with officiant, flowers, the space (with red carpet), music, photographer (photos NOT included), and reception with food and open bar. It was a fantastic experience!

It was so easy, too. All I had to do was pick out what music, flowers, food, etc that I wanted and then just show up! Keep in mind that you have to have the ceremony before you leave port (unless in Cananda, I think) so your friends and family can come to the wedding and get off the ship if they are not cruising with you.

Happy wedding!