Waterpik in S-class bathroom.

sheeng

Is there a "shaving"outlet on standard S class bathrooms?

I just sailed my first standard cabin on M class, and there was none, but every suite I have been in has had a "shaver" outlet. I use it for charging my phone, and powering my iPhone speaker system when in the bathroom.....and was disappointed to not have it on the Summit.

Not sure if the "shaver: outlet would power a motor in the waterpik, but it did power Led lighting, iPhone and speakers just fine.

Infinity, last month, no 'Shaver Outlet'. It had been replaced by a nightlight. We used our travel Sonicare in our FV and recharged it at the desk outlet.

I took along a full sized Waterpik on the Equinox last year only to discover that its electric plug wouldn't fit into the bathroom outlet. I ended up using the desk outlet and hovering over a waste can. Looking back, it seems funny now.....but it was just about impossible to do without dribbling water everywhere.

Then I discovered a travel size rechargable Waterpik which I used in Feb. again on the Equinox. Although the smallish reservoir needs to be refilled once before finishing the job, the travel sized unit does the job, although with a bit less power. This unit only needed recharging a couple of times. I heartily recommend it.

I took along a full sized Waterpik on the Equinox last year only to discover that its electric plug wouldn't fit into the bathroom outlet.

Nice observations, one I hand't thought of. The plug for the shaver outlet isn't polarized (one blade larger than other)-- for this reason, i carry a 3 prong adapter that has no polarized sized plug to adapt to those outlets (common internationally) without the larger polarized plug size.

Thanks everyone! I laughed out loud picturing hovering over the waste can at the desk!

I knew that M class did not have an outlet but wasn't sure about S class for our upcoming cruise on Reflection. Curt .... You solved it! We already have all the adapters. Ours is not rechargeable .... Brilliant idea .... Wish I had seen those before I bought this one. It does do a great job, by he way.

Thanks again, everyone.

Sheila.

Look for a "quirky" brand outlet extender cord. It swivels and the shape can fit adapters of any size because the strp of outlet wiggle in quirky combinations. They sell a 4 outlet and 6 outlet set.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

Infinity, last month, no 'Shaver Outlet'. It had been replaced by a nightlight. We used our travel Sonicare in our FV and recharged it at the desk outlet.

Ahhh, I had read night lights were added during solstization renovations or later, and wondered how they got power to them. another mystery solved. Too bad at the expense of a valuable electrical outlet :-(

but every suite I have been in has had a "shaver" outlet. I use it for charging my phone, and powering my iPhone speaker system when in the bathroom....

I am so glad I am not the only one who has resorted to using the shaver outlet to charge something! I have never liked to admit it before.