NCL Dawn May and October

pathubia

We cruised the Dawn in May in a suite. We just booked a mini suite gty for October. There were four of us in the suite and 3 more in the adjoining mini. This cruise is just my BF and I. I am hoping we can live without our butler!!

Has anyone booked a mini suite gty and got upgraded to a suite? Just curious, it will be room enough and if we want more snacks, we can always walk up to the garden buffet. I will miss breakfast being served in the cabin...:D

Even if upgrades were just handed out, simple math is working against you. Look at how many mini's there are vs the number of suites. Then of course, most of the suites get booked, so the odds are way against any upgrade.

Does it happen? Sure, but rare.

From you note, I am guessing you already know you get ZERO suite perks in a mini. No breakfast/lunch in Cagneys to start with.

I can live without breakfast and lunch in Cagneys. Back in May I did go to breakfast twice in Cagneys and lunch once in Cagneys....While we were in Bermuda the suite perk breakfast/lunch was at LaCuccina...I had breakfast there twice and lunch once. Both were great!! With our reservation for our October cruise we get a voucher for dinner at Cagney's and we get a voucher for dinner at LaCuccina.

After this cruise I will be platinum and will be able to have my laundry done for free!! Yippee!!

Edited to add: Final payment isnt due till August, so I probably wont be assigned a cabin till then.

Edited by pathubia

We had booked a family suite on the Dawn this past may, the price dropped substantially and we called to see if we could get an on board credit. The on board credit offer was minimal and they upgraded us to the 2 bedroom suite for the same money as the family suite. We were very happy

We had booked a family suite on the Dawn this past may, the price dropped substantially and we called to see if we could get an on board credit. The on board credit offer was minimal and they upgraded us to the 2 bedroom suite for the same money as the family suite. We were very happy

That is awesome!! Which suite were you in? We were in the "Jade Suite" 11020. We actually had that suite two years in a row!