7 mile beach question

smilesntravels

Hi everyone, we'll be on the carnival miracle this sep. with a stop in GC from I believe 8a-4p. It says on the excursions list that you can do the seven mile beach break for about $23. Here's my question: although I'm not real concerned about the money, why do you have to pay to go to that beach?? Do you really have to pay, or can you just show up there by taxi/walking etc. We're wanting to do the stingray/snorkeling thing and then just go to the beach when we're done. So, if anyone has any info about this I'd really appreciate it. Thanks:rolleyes:

Catch a taxi at the pier and ask to go to Seven Mile Beach. It will cost you about $8-$10 round trip. Entrance to most beaches is free but they usually charge you to use their chairs etc. You can go to Royal Palms, Sea Grape, or Marriot Courtyard to name a few (As well as the Public Beach).

Royal Palms is the closest but the tide has eroded a lot of their beach and there are a lot of rocks on it right now. Sea Grape beach is probably the nicest and biggest with a lot of beach on both sides and a bar & grill onsite. Marriot Courtyard is on the same stretch of Seven Mile Beach as Sea Grape but it's a little farther down.

Chairs usually cost $10.00 pp so your all in for around $18.00 pp with a chair and transportation. The ships charge you $23.00 for the entrance, a chair and a welcome drink. You still have to pay the taxi yourself...

Hope this helps

On other islands, the beach break includes transportation to a "private" beach, changing rooms and showers, some free water toys (others to rent)... even an all-you-can-drink open bar. Doesn't sound like Seven Mile Beach is a similar situation.

I've heard that some of the resort hotels along the beach offer their facilities (beach chair, pool, changing room and shower) for a reasonable fee.

Don't do the ship tour. They drop you off at the Colony. It is very crowded and the water drops very quickly.

We are going to try Sea Grape Beach this time. It is further down 7 mile beach. The further down that you go, you can walk farther into the water without it dropping off. It is also not as crowded.

Don't do the ship tour. They drop you off at the Colony. It is very crowded and the water drops very quickly.

We are going to try Sea Grape Beach this time. It is further down 7 mile beach. The further down that you go, you can walk farther into the water without it dropping off. It is also not as crowded.

They don't drop you off anywhere. You still have to pay for your own transportation.

Archived