Do any Carnival ships offer family style suite? (Separate sleeping areas)

scrapperluv

Hi all! We're traveling with our two young children and would like to tuck them in bed in the evening and have a private space for us to use. Do any Carnival ships have suites with separate sleeping areas for the 3rd & 4th passengers? If they do, what ships and what are these suites called?

We've been on one cruise and we booked 2 balcony rooms with an adjoining door. That was very nice, but I'm wondering if it'd be cheaper to book us all in one cabin. I just don't want my kids' beds in the same space we're having some drinks and watching movies late at night.

The newer ships have family cabins with a second bathroom. Someone will come by with the names of them.

The four Spirit class ships have several balcony cabins that connect to an inside. The only problem with these us that they are near the bow. Spirit, Pride and Miracle are the three that I can name off the top of my head.

Edited by SadieN

The newer ships have family cabins with a second bathroom. Someone will come by with the names of them.

The four Spirit class ships have several balcony cabins that connect to an inside. The only problem with these us that they are near the bow. Spirit, Pride and Miracle are the three that I can name off the top of my head.

This probably sounds silly, but what is the problem with being near the bow? I hear being too far forward is too windy but haven't heard of bow issues.

Hi all! We're traveling with our two young children and would like to tuck them in bed in the evening and have a private space for us to use. Do any Carnival ships have suites with separate sleeping areas for the 3rd & 4th passengers? If they do, what ships and what are these suites called?

We've been on one cruise and we booked 2 balcony rooms with an adjoining door. That was very nice, but I'm wondering if it'd be cheaper to book us all in one cabin. I just don't want my kids' beds in the same space we're having some drinks and watching movies late at night.

Cruise Critic did an article on family cabins that you might find helpful.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=259

Spirit Class ships have an aft balcony suite that is two rooms. The issue there may be that I am not sure if they sleep 4. I know that the sofa in the "living" area sleeps one, but I'm not sure if it could accommodate 4.

They are beautiful aft wrap suites and our favorite rooms on Carnival's ships.

The Dream Class ships have a "family" stateroom, which is oceanview but it is still one room, just larger, and it has the split bath familiar to those that sail with Disney with two baths (only one toilet), but allows more than one person access to showering facilities at the same time.

Edited by Ruggled

Spirit Class ships have an aft balcony suite that is two rooms. The issue there may be that I am not sure if they sleep 4. I know that the sofa in the "living" area sleeps one, but I'm not sure if it could accommodate 4.

They are beautiful aft wrap suites and our favorite rooms on Carnival's ships.

The Dream Class ships have a "family" stateroom, which is oceanview but it is still one room, just larger, and it has the split bath familiar to those that sail with Disney with two baths (only one toilet), but allows more than one person access to showering facilities at the same time.

Those cabins are awesome, but they only sleep 2 or 3. None of them sleep 4. I have read that there are a couple of aft wraps on other ships that have adjoining aft balcony cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Mrs CruisinCritter

The Carnival Sunshine, as well as some of the Conquest-class ships, have suites above the bridge that are called "Captain's Suites". These can sleep four. There is a separate bedroom for the parents, and the living room has a pull-down bed as well as a sleeper sofa.

These rooms have two bathrooms, a spectacular view, and a giant balcony. They also come with a big price tag.

Here's a look...

[YOUTUBE]wpeztXSowsM[/YOUTUBE]

For more information, take a look at my page at http://www.jimzim.net/CarnivalSunshine.html

Let me recommend the connecting inside/balcony cabins on the Spirit class. We had this on our cruise to Alaska last summer on the Miracle. It was the best of both worlds -- kids have their own space (and own bathroom) -- and mom and dad got their own space. I am like you -- I hate sleeping in the same room as my kids. usually we get connecting ocean view -- but it was awesome to have a balcony! (It is also VERY near camp carnival which is super helpful!)

Those cabins are awesome, but they only sleep 2 or 3. None of them sleep 4. I have read that there are a couple of aft wraps on other ships that have adjoining aft balcony cabins.

Yes. At least the two on deck 4 do. Booking both cabins, it's like having a 2 bedroom suite, with the added bonus of having an extra bedroom. Then you have a extra extra extra long balcony. We had them open the balcony partition between the two cabins as well, but that extra space was wasted. The real balcony was attached to the wrap.

The 2 former aft wrap cabins on the Sunshine have separate sleeping areas. We were in 5340 on the 11 day repositioning cruise last month. It is the best cabin that we have ever had. The living room area has a large seating area that turns into the kids bed at night. It has a window and also plenty of storage. It also has its own tv out there. The bedroom area has a door that closes and its own tv and 2 closet storage areas. The 1 downside is that the bathroom is in the bedroom area. This did not bother us. The bathroom has a large tub and good storage for your products at the back of the tub. The best part is that this room is the same price as a regular OS. You just have to snag one as there are only 2 cabins like this on the ship.

We had a family cabin on the Dream last summer. It was OV with two

bathrooms and it slept four people.

We had a family cabin on the Dream last summer. It was OV with two

bathrooms and it slept four people.

The OP is looking for a cabin with a separate bedroom(s) and the ones on the Dream class don't have that. I was referring to the aft wrap suites on the Spirit class ships as only sleeping either 2 or 3 people.

The 2 former aft wrap cabins on the Sunshine have separate sleeping areas. We were in 5340 on the 11 day repositioning cruise last month. It is the best cabin that we have ever had. The living room area has a large seating area that turns into the kids bed at night. It has a window and also plenty of storage. It also has its own tv out there. The bedroom area has a door that closes and its own tv and 2 closet storage areas. The 1 downside is that the bathroom is in the bedroom area. This did not bother us. The bathroom has a large tub and good storage for your products at the back of the tub. The best part is that this room is the same price as a regular OS. You just have to snag one as there are only 2 cabins like this on the ship.

We have this cabin booked in August! Can you tell me if you had any noise issues from anywhere? I know there is more noise from engine functions the lower you go. Thanks so much!

We have this cabin booked in August! Can you tell me if you had any noise issues from anywhere? I know there is more noise from engine functions the lower you go. Thanks so much!

We didn't have any noise issues. There was some vibration when they used the thrusters when we came into port. It is also 3 floors below the Mongolian Wok, but man could you smell it. I thought it was pleasant, but it was strong and would make me very hungry LOL. This was just a great cabin. The window in the living area was big enough for my 5 and 8 year olds to sit in at the same time. I wish that more ships had cabins like these.

Bummer, having a separate room for the kids is a "must have" for us. Looks like I'll book 2 balcony rooms. My husband wakes up super early and like to sit on the balcony, that's his must have, lol.

I'm looking at other cruise lines, too. It seems carnival is the most reasonably prices, but the other lines include more perks for suites. I don't want to pay more for perks but it they sound luxurious!!

Any suggestions for other cruise lines that are priced like carnival?

Why book 2 balconies? Carnival has a policy that allows children under 12 or any age to sleep in a cabin directly across from the parent's cabin. It would be much cheaper to book 1 balcony and 1 interior across from your cabin. We did this on the Breeze and it worked out perfectly...the kids loved having their own room and we used a video monitor that you can purchase from babies-r-us to hear and see them while they sleep.