Century daily programs

SeaDream88

Hello Everyone!

Now that the Celebrity Century has restarted it's season of Alaskan tours I was hoping someone might be able to provide me with some 7 day programs. I was curious about the type of activities that might be onboard and I wanted to start planning my day before going onboard in July.

Thank you very much!!:)

Just off the Century. Formal nights were the second night and then Juneau.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you find the food in the Main Dining Room to be very different on those days?

Were there a lot of different types of offerings? Thanks.

Did you find the food in the Main Dining Room to be very different on those days?

Were there a lot of different types of offerings? Thanks.

They were very good on both nights with lots of different options. The second formal night was lobster. I found the food to be even better than it had been in March. No complaints whatsoever.

What type of entertainment? Sample of activities on board especially sea days?

Anything for teens?

Sent from my GT-I5500M using Forums mobile app

I can't comment too much as I was traveling with family and usually busy with them. There is an excellent lecturer, though, Milos. I think he did about 4 or 5 lectures and we went to a couple. He was not only very good but funnier than any comedian I have ever seen on a ship, esp if you enjoy a sense of the ridiculous. I was literally crying i was laughing so hard. Saw a couple of good movies too. Other than that, usual shipboard activities - dance classes, food demos, officer vs passenger type stuff, ice carving, trivia, etc. No grand buffet. That is done.

I can't comment too much as I was traveling with family and usually busy with them. There is an excellent lecturer, though, Milos. I think he did about 4 or 5 lectures and we went to a couple. He was not only very good but funnier than any comedian I have ever seen on a ship, esp if you enjoy a sense of the ridiculous. I was literally crying i was laughing so hard. Saw a couple of good movies too. Other than that, usual shipboard activities - dance classes, food demos, officer vs passenger type stuff, ice carving, trivia, etc.

I agree with koolforkatz. There isn't a whole lot of shipboard activities compared to the European or Caribbean cruises. This is Alaska. Get out on deck and just stare at the scenery for a few hours. Sure there is the odd Trivia game and I had to bite my tongue when I wanted to correct his incorrect trivia answer. (Neal Schon did not start the group Journey).

I find half the fun is talking with fellow passengers. Take a book or an iPad full of books and get off the hamster wheel for a while.

Overall I noticed more shipboard activities had fees attached than previous cruises but dance lessons, Zoomba and bingo aren't my particular thing. I also noticed the activity page a bit sparse compared to RCCL cruises I had been on.

Koolforkatz...I hope you enjoyed your cruise and how was the weather?

I agree with koolforkatz. There isn't a whole lot of shipboard activities compared to the European or Caribbean cruises. This is Alaska. Get out on deck and just stare at the scenery for a few hours. Sure there is the odd Trivia game and I had to bite my tongue when I wanted to correct his incorrect trivia answer. (Neal Schon did not start the group Journey).

I find half the fun is talking with fellow passengers. Take a book or an iPad full of books and get off the hamster wheel for a while.

Overall I noticed more shipboard activities had fees attached than previous cruises but dance lessons, Zoomba and bingo aren't my particular thing. I also noticed the activity page a bit sparse compared to RCCL cruises I had been on.

Koolforkatz...I hope you enjoyed your cruise and how was the weather?

Fabulous cruise, thx, Mediaman. I liked the Century even more this time than two months ago. We had pretty good weather. Crystal clear blue skies in Hubbard Glacier and Ketchikan. A bit of rain coming back Inside Passage. All good, no complaints.

I agree - a lot of revenue producing activities but as you say Alaska cruises are about the scenery.

Anyone know how long Milos will be on the century?

We loved his lectures on the solstice in late 2012 and we'll be on the century on July 6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You might be ok. We got off on June 8 and he said his mom was coming on for a month.

There's some really good advice being shared on this thread. I'm glad that many visitors had a good time on the Century recently.

Alongside a copy of the daily programs the OP requested, would anyone happen to have pictures of any of the menus from the ship?

That would be much appreciated. Thanks.

There's some really good advice being shared on this thread. I'm glad that many visitors had a good time on the Century recently.

Alongside a copy of the daily programs the OP requested, would anyone happen to have pictures of any of the menus from the ship?

That would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Yes I agree! This will.be my first Celebrity cruise

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also curious if anyone knows how late some of the dining options are open until. For example, is room service the only option around 10 or 11 pm? Once in a while I end up having a late night food craving, ha ha.:)

Late food craving the pasta bar at Island Café is 12noon-11:00pm, pizza is 12noon-12:30am at least while I was there on May 18-24,2014

Thanks for this info!! There are more late night choices then I had heard of before so that's awesome. The pizza is open quite late so that would be a great choice.

Thanks for this info!! There are more late night choices then I had heard of before so that's awesome. The pizza is open quite late so that would be a great choice.

No problem enjoy your cruise.