Dining aboard Majesty

Hi

We have sailed on Dream a couple of times and loved it but thinking of booking The Majesty for next year as it is visiting a few ports we want to visit. One of the reasons we liked the Dream was because it had tables for 2 in The Orion dining room. Is this the case on Majesty? It's not that we are anti social just sometimes it's nice to have a quiet meal with just the two of you when you feel like it. Thanks

Hi Car,

Another Dreamer but we were on the Maj two weeks ago for the first time and ate a few times in the MDR`s.Like you we prefer to eat as a two and had no problem getting a table for two(5 min wait).This could all depend on what time you eat I suppose.No probs getting a table for two in the MDR for breakfast either.

Good stuff, decision made and booked. Saw the other thread regarding prices for 2015 and maybe should have waited, but was happy with price we paid and don,t think I would be able to hold off and not get exactly what we want. Fingers crossed price doesn't fall too much lol. Gives us something to look forward to :)

Ah I see they are STILL reserving tables on the Majesty! Buffet for us then, as huge queues outside the door around 8pm :(

I agree, with 'freedom' or 'anytime' or whatever they call it there should NEVER be anyone turned away if a suitable table is available. I can see why they do it, hopefully you might tip them.

Last time on Maj I got the same table or same waiters every dinner time. however that was as soon as the restaurant opened when they had the flexibility to vary the order in which the tables were filled.

not a problem for me anymore as i have to lose a lot of weight for medical reasons so it will be a light salad in the buffet.

We always managed to get on the section we wanted, mainly because we were early about 7 ish. Usually on a table for 4 or 6.(always in the four seasons BTW)

When we were later one night we just waited outside for 20 mins or so until they were ready for us, plenty of other diners went in before us and we didn't mind waiting.

As the queue got bigger Abdul the Maitre'D advised people that there was plenty of room in the Seven Seas and no queues, so they do communicate between the two Restaurants.

We always managed to get on the section we wanted, mainly because we were early about 7 ish. Usually on a table for 4 or 6.(always in the four seasons BTW)

When we were later one night we just waited outside for 20 mins or so until they were ready for us, plenty of other diners went in before us and we didn't mind waiting.

As the queue got bigger Abdul the Maitre'D advised people that there was plenty of room in the Seven Seas and no queues, so they do communicate between the two Restaurants.

We never established the difference between the two restaurants and used the Seven Seas every night. Did they have the same menu?

With two main shows each night there seemed to be a fairly even split between early diners and later diners as far as we could tell?

Edited by Tarquin

We never established the difference between the two restaurants and used the Seven Seas every night. Did they have the same menu?

With two main shows each night there seemed to be a fairly even split between early diners and later diners as far as we could tell?

Same menu but we found the Four Seasons to be a more intimate dining experience at night which is why we always ate there. We eat early (6.30) due to Hubbys health issues and it there was always a queue waiting but we had a reserved table for 2 all week which was ideal for us.