OBC for booking 3 specialty restaurants question

You book 3 specialty restaurants up front and get 20% back in OBC. The verbiage is a bit nebulous though - says something to the effect that the OBC is only applicable toward cover charge/food. Does that simply mean you only get 20% of the reservation cost and that they won't refund, for example, 20% of your drink tab? Or does it mean the 20% you get back in the form of an OBC can then only be applied to more specialty dining reservations? If the latter, I'm not really interested, I'd like to use the OBC to buy some booze onboard to take home.

Thanks.

I am surprised that more threads have not started appearing discussing actual experiences with this yet. They moved to this new system for all specialty dining reservations made after the 15th of May. It seems that the dining packages have disappeared fleet-wide.

They are trying to state that the OBC is only granted on the cover charge and food purchases in the venues that are 'a la carte' like Izumi.

The OBC is stated to appear on the account of the person paying for the reservations on their onboard account and it can be used just like any other OBC that has been granted. The OBC is first made available day 1 of the sailing.

Edited by MADflyer